Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renegade SBC Engine Mount Crossmember
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Hey Guys,

Might be a stupid question but....

I bought a used Renegade Small Block Chevrolet Engine Mount Crossmemeber, trying to find out what is used at both ends to mount to the car?

Is it just the appropriate length bolts, washers and locknuts? Or is there some special rubber mounting or something?

Looks like it should be just bolts, washer ect?

Thanks again, progress is slow, Ill start a build thread once the engine is in the car. I have lots of photos but wanted to show significant progress before I start... LOL

Thanks again,

Steve
Mike Bellis
You need the 1.25" offset blocks. The moves the tranny back 1.25" and lowers it slightly.
quadracerx
Oh... I forgot to mention I have the afore mentioned "offset blocks"
Andyrew
Yes long bolts, then you use SBC engine mounts depending on the adapter on the block side.
mgp4591
I'd be interested in seeing pics of just the cradle and lots of different views - I promise I won't be judgmental about your progress because it's gotta be better than mine. That's what I'm saving all my pictures for also! I want to build my own cradle also so any and all pics are more than welcome for reference. I've got ideas, any of which will probably work but I want the best solution so the more info the better. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.