Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Squirters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Are the check valves really necessary if the system has been converted over to the electric pump ?
Tom_T
Jim,

They may prevent or reduce a volume leak if there is a hole/split in the downstream hoses or loose/broken connection, & some folks add one just past the reservoir tank for that purpose - so it's one way with air pressure or pump, but usually a gravity flow leak won't pull past them.
914_teener
No.
76-914
Saab tried to hit me $42 for 2 of those. IIRC, they were next to the squirter's. I ran w/o them; no isssues.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 28 2015, 03:31 PM) *

Jim,

They may prevent or reduce a volume leak if there is a hole/split in the downstream hoses or loose/broken connection, & some folks add one just past the reservoir tank for that purpose - so it's one way with air pressure or pump, but usually a gravity flow leak won't pull past them.

That makes the most sense, thanks smile.gif for some reason, ever since I acquired the car, there was a check valve mounted behind each squirted. Worked ok for many years but when I took a closer look at the set up, it didn't make sense; plus, they had a tendency to accumulate mineral deposits resulting in a partial flow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.