Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Hippies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
12.9 Second Double Cab

What a fool, doesn't he know how much those old buses are worth? [Irony is that's almost exactly what my car ran.]

EdwardBlume
Wow w00t.gif

Could you imagine being strapped to that lawn shed being shot out of a cannon?
Mueller
That is cool...someone needs to start doing repops of those bodies...
914bub
QUOTE(Mueller @ Apr 28 2015, 04:17 PM) *

Already being done! Google "Gerson". He's in south america. I believe it was "Bubba" on thesamba who built a single cab from the VIN plate up with all Gerson metal.

Google "Funky green metal" as well
r_towle
QUOTE(914bub @ Apr 28 2015, 08:24 PM) *

Already being done! Google "Gerson". He's in south america. I believe it was "Bubba" on thesamba who built a single cab from the VIN plate up with all Gerson metal.

Must resist
r_towle
Wonder what transmission he used
mgp4591
Now you got me thinking... repop body, big block Chrysler and a Torqueflite trans...
Oh, and a camper shell.... idea.gif
Chris H.
Sheeeeit that bus is moving. The turbo must be HUGE. I'm with Rob, not sure I want to be in that thing when they light the fuse.

Here's the embedded version of the bus vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4EgDfwAwc

Now this guy...is nuts.... poke.gif .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JxpYwqUMs

Poor Mustang guy sad.gif . He probably just kept driving...

Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 28 2015, 05:27 PM) *

Now you got me thinking... repop body, big block Chrysler and a Torqueflite trans...

I saw a double cab years ago in S. Cal. and the only thing different in appearance were the wider tires in the back. He had installed an Olds Toronado drive train. The other tell tale was a receiver hitch. He said he really go some looks pulling his boat up to Big Bear. beerchug.gif
DBCooper
Those damned hippies and their got damned Volkswagen bugs!! Get a car that can keep up with traffic, dammit!! And wipe that stupid marijuana grin off your face!!

IPB Image

mgp4591
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Apr 28 2015, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 28 2015, 05:27 PM) *

I saw a double cab years ago in S. Cal. and the only thing different in appearance were the wider tires in the back. He had installed an Olds Toronado drive train. The other tell tale was a receiver hitch. He said he really go some looks pulling his boat up to Big Bear. beerchug.gif

That big Olds motor with the 425 trans is basically just a big ol' pivot point, almost 800 lbs right over the rear wheels plus the engine/trans cradle... not the handling package I'd want to have my right foot buried into! w00t.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 28 2015, 07:30 PM) *

Sheeeeit that bus is moving. The turbo must be HUGE. I'm with Rob, not sure I want to be in that thing when they light the fuse.

Here's the embedded version of the bus vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4EgDfwAwc

Now this guy...is nuts.... poke.gif .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JxpYwqUMs

Poor Mustang guy sad.gif . He probably just kept driving...

And the Mustang dude jumped the start! Sissy boy! lol-2.gif
lonewolfe
QUOTE(914bub @ Apr 28 2015, 05:24 PM) *

He makes amazing parts and is a really good guy to boot!
DBCooper
Those "funky green" repair panels are all Brazilian. Down there the T2's are like pickup trucks in Texas, they're the working class's vehicles so they're everywhere, and there's an aftermarket part or two of everything. I was in a huge supermarket sized auto parts store where T1 and T2 tin was stacked high throughout the whole place, piles of every panel you could ever want. It's not always identical to German tin, for example the VW symbol is embossed directly into the front bus panel in Brazil, while here it's separate and mounted with screws. Other differences like that, and there may be some ripples, but they have everything and it's CHEAP. Before shipping, of course.

Damned hippies and gol-durned FOREIGNERS too!!

r_towle
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 30 2015, 09:50 AM) *

Those "funky green" repair panels are all Brazilian. Down there the T2's are like pickup trucks in Texas, they're the working class's vehicles so they're everywhere, and there's an aftermarket part or two of everything. I was in a huge supermarket sized auto parts store where T1 and T2 tin was stacked high throughout the whole place, piles of every panel you could ever want. It's not always identical to German tin, for example the VW symbol is embossed directly into the front bus panel in Brazil, while here it's separate and mounted with screws. Other differences like that, and there may be some ripples, but they have everything and it's CHEAP. Before shipping, of course.

so,

do you do alot of business down there?
extra room in any shipping containers?

rich
DBCooper
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 30 2015, 07:01 AM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Apr 30 2015, 09:50 AM) *

so,

do you do alot of business down there?
extra room in any shipping containers?

rich

Did, but don't any more. Retired. Too much work. Way too much.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.