Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renegade Alternator Bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Hey guys,

I got all the nuts and bolts for future drivetrain install...

Now I need a photo of how the single wire alternator would mount to a Small Block Chevrolet using the Renegade Alternator Mount?

Anybody got any photos or installation instructions? I have to get all the bolts for this too.... I should own stock at the local Ace Hardware by the time the engine is in the car... LOL That's the closest place for me to buy bolts, washers etc that has any kind of selection...

Whatever happened to the local auto parts store carrying hardware? Oreilly, Autozone, etc have NADA....

Thanks again for the help...

Steve
914Mels
I'd be careful using hardware store bolts and nuts, they typically are not the highest grade metal as a house project doesn't need the quality used on automotive applications. Most have no grade markings at all.
rmdinmd
make sure you get the hardened steel ones. ace (most hardware stores) do carry them you just have to look in the right place.
quadracerx
Don't worry I got all Grade 8 fasteners... What I really need is some photos of the alternator mounted to the engine using the Renegade Mount...

Thanks for your concern...

Steve
computers4kids
xx
quadracerx
DUDE!! That is EXACTLY what I needed.... Thanks so much!! I'm not using the Renegade water pump but thanks for the info... Now I can proceed....

Thanks again,

Steve
quadracerx
Although I will admit, seems strange that there isn't any rear support on the alternator... But if it works...
Andyrew
I dont recall anyone ever having an issue with the alternator bracket smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.