Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR GIANT One-Day Sale: Sat 2/19/05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
Not sure IF anyone else has mentioned this or not, but I receive emails from
German Parts & Restoration, and the last email was about a 20% off sale
that they are having on Saturday, February 19th.

GPR 20% Off SALE - Sat Feb 19th

The sale starts at 12:01am by Fax or Web
Phone orders: 9am - 4pm EST

Hey, 20% off of Mueller's Roller Bearings???? clap.gif
anthony
Wow, good time to stock up on some AA flares and that reproduction 914-6 oil tank.
scotty b
Y amight want to read the whole ad before you get too boned up. ALL IN STOCK ITEMS. We already know thanks to Dan that the flares are not "in stock"!! and the list that they have a link to is almost unreadable unless they have changed it since Wed. (doubt it!)
type47
GP&R list is, like, 186 pages long!
anthony
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 18 2005, 01:06 PM)
Y amight want to read the whole ad before you get too boned up. ALL IN STOCK ITEMS. We already know thanks to Dan that the flares are not "in stock"!! and the list that they have a link to is almost unreadable unless they have changed it since Wed. (doubt it!)

It also says GPR and Auto Atlanta. How can AA flares not be in stock at AA?
scotty b
Hey Hey Hey I'm thinking core deposit # SR111x*c sounds like a good deal for $0.00 smilie_pokal.gif
nickg
where is the inventory list? i open the AA one and it is kinda hard to read, the #'s are overlapping
scotty b
QUOTE (anthony @ Feb 18 2005, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 18 2005, 01:06 PM)

It also says GPR and Auto Atlanta. How can AA flares not be in stock at AA?

My guess is that AA is outsourcing the stamping to someone else and are only having a limited quantity stamped at one time. (or possibly one set as they are orderd biggrin.gif ) Dan orders his... they have none in stock so they wait for some more orders before stamping another set of 10. Do I win an award if I'm right?
Mueller
QUOTE (nickg @ Feb 18 2005, 01:18 PM)
where is the inventory list? i open the AA one and it is kinda hard to read, the #'s are overlapping

i couldn't find one...overlapping or not....

GaroldShaffer
I have to say that I find both AA & GPR websites not very user friendly. The bird site is easier to search. Just my two cents.
anthony
I wonder what you get 20% off of. The prices on the price list are different than the prices on the web site. (And they aren't 20% lower). If it's 20% off the price list then there are some deals there. If it's 20% off the web site then you really aren't getting 20% off.
nickg
what stinkin price lists? i see the 1 page jumble from AA but no Gpr one...post a link man!!! w00t.gif
anthony
You guys need to go back to remedial web site clicking class. :-) I'm not telling where you find the price lists. All the deals are mine!
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (nickg @ Feb 18 2005, 02:03 PM)
what stinkin price lists? i see the 1 page jumble from AA but no Gpr one...post a link man!!! w00t.gif

on the GPR site, you HAVE to click on the *details* button(s).

WHY you would go onto aa's site, I DO NOT KNOW! laugh.gif
Allan
How about a Bursch muffler for under $200.00 including tax.
Scott Carlberg
Is this a good way to convert to 5-lug for the Rear?
http://www.gprparts.com/brands/gpr5LugKit/index.asp

normally it's $325, with 20% off it's only... $260

Root_Werks
QUOTE (anthony @ Feb 18 2005, 09:57 AM)
Wow, good time to stock up on some AA flares and that reproduction 914-6 oil tank.

I already tried the flares, they don't have any in stock.
914werke
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Feb 18 2005, 12:53 PM)
I have to say that I find both AA & GPR websites not very user friendly. The bird site is easier to search. Just my two cents.

I thougt Id call and spoke to Dave for a few min. today, and I made that exact comment to him. He agreed and explained that that he had a "commitment" to the underlying vendor but suggested an alternat site that was "His own deal" has superiour parts detail (for teeners) and should be quite agressive on price (his own?).
Link

In my experiance thier parts $ are pretty low to begin with.
eric914
Link does not work. sad.gif
914werke
Whoops ohmy.gif
Sorry fixed.
CptTripps
The three things I called in for were 'not on the list' but wen I said "OK, I'll take them anyway" they said they would ship on monday. What's up with that shit? The only 'big ticket' item was the "every seal for the car" kit for $600. (BAA500 I think)

I was pretty pissed...so I didn't order.

Now I see why everyone here gives a big-ole finger.gif to AA...
smg914
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Feb 19 2005, 07:18 PM)
" they said they would ship on monday.

Okay let me see, today is Saturday, UPS and FedEx do not pick up on Saturdays. Am I missing something here?

I can tell you that if you would have placed the order you would have really blown your top because Monday is a Holiday and your order wouldn't have been mailed until Tuesday.
CptTripps
QUOTE (smg914 @ Feb 19 2005, 11:39 PM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Feb 19 2005, 07:18 PM)
" they said they would ship on monday.

Okay let me see, today is Saturday, UPS and FedEx do not pick up on Saturdays. Am I missing something here?

I can tell you that if you would have placed the order you would have really blown your top because Monday is a Holiday and your order wouldn't have been mailed until Tuesday.

I'm completely aware of the days of the week. The fact that they said "only in-stock items are on sale" and then tell me that the parts that I wanted were NOT in stock to be on sale, but would meraculously appear in time to ship monday tells me something is fishey. I even asked if they were having it drop-shipped from another supplier and he said "No, this is our own kit, nobody else carries it."

I say:bullshit:
Kerrys914
agree.gif

That does sound wacked wacko.gif

I had a list ready but it was too hard to use the online ordering/checkout. I'll e-mail Dave (GPR) and see what he can do.

The Bird is getting half my order and the other half is going to Dave.

Cheers
beerchug.gif
db9146
The sale was "in stock" only. I was over at AA on Saturday morning @ 8:55 and picked up one of the "great seal kits", a GT flared FG rear valence, and a bump steer kit. Then I called Dave and got a good deal on a Momo wheel and hub adapter. I was looking for coil-over rear Konis but these are items that neither had in stock....they wait for people to place an order before they order it from their local distributor.

Over all, I was pleasantly surprised.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.