914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Konrad
jb914
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Apr 30 2015, 09:37 AM) *

welcome.png

Konrad

Thanks, seem to have trouble making my posts as i keep getting errors. Maybe i should have my 10 year old help biggrin.gif
jb914
Another try..... Hello everyone, new to the 914 world and would like to know if anybody else around the area has or are familiar with 914s. I bought my first one last fall a 1976 in pretty nice shape. I have had it to a local Porsche mechanic to sort through.. Has the typical oil leaks and he wants to do a complete re-build.. Problem is he is booked and cannot get to it until late this fall sad.gif . So it will be a while before i am buzzing around.. Anyways hello again and looking forward to asking you guys a bunch of questions in the near future!
JawjaPorsche
Welcome the Madness and post pictures when you can!
jb914
I will try.... hope this works& #33;Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=499152]
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Car looks to be in very good shape. Enjoy!
wndsnd
Looks Nice!

welcome.png
montoya 73 2.0
welcome.png
dont be afraid to ask questions and be prepared to get some funny answers! Just a bunch of boys & girls playing with their cars and talking shit!!! beerchug.gif
johnhora
welcome.png

jb914....
welcome to the fun of owning a 914....

there are early 911/914 guys right over in Paducah and Evansville

contact WM711 on the http://www.early911sregistry.org/
I'm sure he can steer you to some local 914 owners

Cuda911
The car look good in the pix. Can't say that I've ever seen anyone put a Porsche crest on the rear trunk though! smile.gif
pcar916
welcome.png
jb914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 30 2015, 02:42 PM) *

The car look good in the pix. Can't say that I've ever seen anyone put a Porsche crest on the rear trunk though! smile.gif

Yeah there was one in front,one on the back and a spare in the glove box biggrin.gif
Cuda911
So, with all those badges, along with the Porsche rear reflector, Porsche license plate frames front and rear, and Porsche name of the engine cover, all you need now are the Porsche side stripes so that no ones asks how much you are enjoying your Fiat! smile.gif

P,S. Watch out for that black doggie... looks like he's about to whiz on your wheels.
malcolm2
Hey, glad to get another 914 so close. I am in Mt Juliet.... My first real drive in my car was to KY. Had to go to a liquor store on the state line to get some High Gravity Dog Fish Head 90 minute IPA. beer3.gif

I'll let you know if I get thirsty... Hollar if you need help, I'll see what I can do.

Welcome.

Clark
Cairo94507
welcome.png Yes- your cars does look nice to begin with. One of the best things you can do as you wait to get the car to the shop is read, read, read all of these threads and prepare a list of priorities you want to address with your car.

For me, it would be structural first- rust assessment, then safety likes fuel lines, brakes, electrical, oil leaks, and then general function like blower motor, switches that don't work and finally appearance like dents, paint, upholstery.

Having a plan and staying focused is the best way not get totally depressed with a large project that never seems to make progress.
rktmn247
Nice looking car! Welcome to fun!
GeorgeRud
welcome.png

You'll find answers to most question on this site and everyone likes seeing and hearing about newbies. Learn to use the search function and that will help you get to the info you want.

This year's Porsche Parade is in French Lick, IN, so it's not too far from you. You might enjoy going over to at least see the Concours on Monday and meet up with others. Not too many 914s usually, but there are generally some nice cars to see.
jb914
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome to the site and advice about owning one of these cars. Sounds like there are a few around my area.... I was wondering since I personally have seen a grand total of 1 in the fifteen years I have lived here. And btw i have yet to get a fiat comment but have had a couple of miata and one ghia so far..... laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

Tedman5
welcome.png driving.gif
jb914
A couple more goodies that came with the car. A vintage road kit..Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment I think the sticker is the original air sticker that the dealer installed
jb914
Click to view attachment sorry...
jb914
QUOTE(jb914 @ May 1 2015, 11:20 AM) *

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.