Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving your motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I am getting ready to unbolt my motor from the stand and put it on the work benck to check the end play. How do you guys muscle yours around? Where do you lift at, especially after all the tin is back on? The easiest place to grab looks like the heads but I don't think that's a good idea. Fan housing and flywheel maybe?
Joe Bob
Two people can lift a T4 easily....lift under the heads near the valve covers...
Allan
So no problem stressing the cylinder/head studs?
Tom Perso
Nope, not at all. They take more beating from the combustion going on in the chambers.

Lift away!!!

Later,
Tom
Root_Werks
agree.gif They also slide across garage floors pretty easily too. biggrin.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Feb 18 2005, 09:08 AM)
agree.gif They also slide across garage floors pretty easily too. biggrin.gif

No sliding allowed. blink.gif
URY914
I built a little plywood platform on casters to move it around on. Sliding it on the floor isn't a real good idea. I got a tuna can under mine.
Type 4
Simple put your gloves on and pick it up.
I move them all the time by myself.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Feb 18 2005, 09:37 AM)
Simple put your gloves on and pick it up.
I move them all the time by myself.

SO how big a boy are ya??? Fully dressed motor is a bit heavy for my lite weight ass. 5'9" @ 154lbs.

I just get my son to grab the other end. I got a furniture dolly to do the moving around part.
redshift
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 18 2005, 01:23 PM)
I built a little plywood platform on casters to move it around on. Sliding it on the floor isn't a real good idea. I got a tuna can under mine.

laugh.gif

Paul has the only car light enough, where if he hits something with the tuna can, his car will bounce off..

BAHAHA!!! And he uses his 'chassis' as a roll around engine rack... oh my god. It's not that funny.

M
Type 4
6'3 270
URY914
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 18 2005, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 18 2005, 01:23 PM)

laugh.gif

Paul has the only car light enough, where if he hits something with the tuna can, his car will bounce off..

BAHAHA!!! And he uses his 'chassis' as a roll around engine rack... oh my god. It's not that funny.

M

I roll the car over on the roll bar and work on the bottom side. rolleyes.gif

Paul
balljoint
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Feb 18 2005, 01:00 PM)
6'3 270

Wow!

I'm 2'7 and 60.

I get by with a little help from my little friends.
scruz914
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Feb 18 2005, 11:00 AM)
6'3 270

Wimp. biggrin.gif
redshift
Steve is the biggest little 914 guy in showbiz.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.