Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone for flames?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mramber
Personally, I think this looks disgusting barf.gif , but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/4978380463.html

GeorgeRud
Obviously someone thought it was a good idea! Not my style, but ?????
Mike Fitton
There is no fricking way that car won any type of award at any car show, well maybe Concours D'LeMons. Most shows or even cars and coffee's would not let that car past the front gait!
warpig
WTF.gif
Looks like the car the queen of the gay pride parade would ride around and throw beads at people from. blink.gif
cwpeden
The back looks like a tattoo you'ld find just above some skanks t-bar.

Drive: fwd?
MoveQik
Curious how the seats are 70% recovered....
era vulgaris
I'm not into flames on any car. But even if I was, with the amount of air-cooled cars that have actually gone up in flames, I don't think I'd voluntarily put flames on my car.
toolguy
keeps it in a fitting garage also. .
Beeliner
There's not a gay person on all of Fire Island that would go near that thing. confused24.gif
PanelBilly
Didn't I already make fun of this car.

Are people laughing at me too?
DblDog
...somebody owed somebody some cash or lost a bet...'I won, you gotta put flames on my 914'.
GaroldShaffer
The flames are not doing it any good. On the plus side looks like an early square edge rear bumper. Front bumper looks straight. If closer I would go take a look at it. confused24.gif
Alphaogre
The fact that they are tribal flames makes it even worse! Flames should be saved for cars that usually catch fire, like GM cars biggrin.gif
somd914
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ May 2 2015, 12:10 AM) *

The fact that they are tribal flames makes it even worse! Flames should be saved for cars that usually catch fire, like GM cars biggrin.gif

Or on those hot Italian exotics...

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Dig those spray painted pep-boys wheel covers biggrin.gif
Cuda911
I figure the pix should be added here so that future generations reading 914World will know what not to do to a car.

[And, to NEVER use either Hired Gun Paintwerks or Julian's Collision Center]

[And, to never attend World of Wheels if that's what they vote for]. (the last pic I found online from archived WOW pics)

Advertisement text:

"rare award winning 1972 914 porsche - $5200 (Rochester)

D White 914 Porsche. Convertible, 4 cylinder MANUAL transmission. Exterior-white, Interior-black.
2009 Chicago World of Wheel winner- "Best in class" and "Outstanding in class". custom paint applied in 2008 by "Hired gun Paintwerks" and "Julian's Collision Center" in St. Charles, IL and is clear-coated over. Engine is 1974 1.8 L flat four with approximately 100K on it. Transaxle was swapped with a rebuild more efficiently shifting side shift 5 speed. Brakes rebuilt with new calipers, rotors, master cylinder, and parking brake cables. This engine runs off a 1972 EFI system and has custom exhaust headers and low restriction muffler. All new Fuzion tires. New carpeting and all seats 70% recovered by "Riggs Brothers Auto Interiors" in St. Charles, IL. All receipts and records are intact and available to new owner. Is in covered storage always."
Hank914
Thanks Cuda for adding the photos here for those too lazy to click thru.

A great photo documentary on the dangers of deviating from stock.

A little is okay, but many people will never know when they have gone too far.

And always best to submit the evidence to the infinite wisdom of this August jury pool here at 914World, who will give you their unvarnished opinion of your customization: is it a cool customization or an Epic Fail?

I mean, who can forget that, PCMMM (Period Correct Mustang Mirror Modification)? barf.gif

biggrin.gif

Peace out, beer3.gif
bulitt
been listed b4

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=223040
r3dplanet
There are times that I really miss living in Rochester. If I were still living there I would probably buy this car, disassemble / strip / paint /reassemble it. And then move it to Arizona. It's a bad town for a 914 -> in the winter the roads are thoroughly planted with salt and the summers are extremely humid. When I lived there I bought and drove a 1991 Suburban (diesel) from the Rochester school district because it was already rusted to cheese, but it got super mileage for what it was. With rare exception, every car I saw on the roads was rusted to hell or brand new. Or both.

-marcus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.