Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 75 914 1.8 Project with spare 2.0 motor and transmission $2000 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
nhallman
Price: $2,000 OBO
Includes: Complete but disassembled '75 1.8, spare 2.0 motor, spare transmission, extra set of Mahle 4-bolt wheels, spare 1.7 motor (seized, may be good for a few parts)

IPB Image

This car was and still is my first love in cars. Partially restored in 2001, it was then my daily driver and autocross car for the next 9 years. I took it off the road in 2010 and began a full teardown, intending to inspect whether any additional rust had crept in (car had some pretty extensive battery tray rust, which was repaired in the first restoration in 2001) and determine whether to go for either a streetable track day build or a full-blown race car. I ended up buying a Miata and a Formula Ford for the track duty (yes, I know. I'm sorry. I've failed you all) and my time and money has been directed toward those for the last 5 years.

The car has sat in my garage, untouched, since then. I don't want to get rid of it, but I can't let it occupy (the only) space in my (single car) garage any longer if I want to have a happy family. I will NOT put it outside, where it will certainly see its ruin, and so selling it is my only option.

I know I'd get more money from a part out, but every time I start inventorying parts I lose my nerve and decide not to sell it. I need someone to come to my house with a truck, a trailer, and a box of tissues, and haul this whole thing off before I change my mind. Again.

These photos are from the 2010 teardown. The car has not spent a single day outside my garage since then:

https://plus.google.com/photos/101434314727...880261979390801

The tub is still good. Perfect? Hell no. It's a 75 and comes with the original 5 mph bumpers. There's a decent sized dent in the left rear fender.

But the repaired rust beneath the battery tray has held up fine. No rocker panel rust that I can see. One dime sized rust bubble on the right rear fender and one half dollar sized bubble beneath the driver's side sail panel. No rust in headlight boxes.

The 1.8 motor in the car ran well when parked. The 2.0 motor was purchased from a friend and I intended to rebuild it, but it is still on the engine stand where I left it 5 years ago. Mahle wheels (5 of them) are in good condition - all straight with some minor curb rash on two.

PM me or text eight oh three three eight six nine fourteen six.

Thanks.
billh1963
So close.... idea.gif
mepstein
Bill - go for it driving.gif
nhallman
Yes, go for it! I desperately want to keep this car, but I just can't. It's time for me to face reality and realize it will never be finished by me.

I'm totally OK with someone buying this just to part out. It is certainly more valuable in pieces than as a whole. I just don't want the whole thing rotting in a boneyard somewhere. mad.gif
nhallman
Sale pending...
nhallman
SOLD. Thanks, everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.