Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Reply
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
A 'Quick Reply' would be nice at the bottom of the page. Some of us don't need ALL the smileys bouncing all over the place. boldblue.gif

It'd cut down on traffic (bandwidth) because it'd be one less page with a bazillion graphics to load for a simple reply. Most of the 'advanced' members know how to quote, link, and add images.
bryanthompson
I like this idea too, especially because Camino hates all of the javascript on the main reply.
Part Pricer

Version 2+ of the Invision Powerboard software includes a quick reply feature. I suggested an upgrade a while ago and did not receive any response from the admin team. There are a lot of other things that we could benefit from. Link here

CptTripps
So were looking at $265 for the upgrade? I'd be willing to pay 50% of that if money is the issue...

Gint
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Feb 28 2005, 06:27 PM)
Version 2+ of the Invision Powerboard software includes a quick reply feature. I suggested an upgrade a while ago and did not receive any response from the admin team. There are a lot of other things that we could benefit from. Link here

And the answer you received was:

QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 12 2005, 12:28 AM)
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jan 16 2005, 10:39 AM)
The upgrade may be worth it for the improvements in the Search function alone.

with all the custom coding we did to this site, upgrading to a newer version would be a PITB ...
we are, however, looking into new alternative BBS software packages that will allow us to scale better in the future.
wink.gif Andy
CptTripps
I run a few boards that are about the size of this, and we are starting to move them to SMF. It's free, and was written by the guys that got screwed out of YABB.

http://www.simplemachines.org/

They have a conversion utility that took us like 45min to upgrade from YABB to SMF...an older version of Invision took us about 3hrs.

Food for thought...
jonwatts
In the meantime, how about changing the layout of the reply page? Do we have any control over that? If so it might be more efficient to put the smilies in a cell belowthe text edit field and / or move the button above the edit text field. There's that huge block of unused space below the text edit and sometimes when you hit it doesn't move focus to the button. Long winded description but that's what seems to happen in Firefox.

All-in-all this is minor stuff, I like the BBS format and it just keeps getting better.

Kiss-ass Regards wink.gif

Jon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.