Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ENGINE STARTUP PARTY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLITS
Ok, Allan has requested our expertise when he starts his new engine. That's what this club is all about. He is willing to tow it down south or go north.

If you have a location that is central to Bakersfield and LA, mention it.

We certainly don't want to go north as they don't recognize we exist.
Aaron Cox
yep...talked to him on the phone today....

i vote for miles or scotts house rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Mueller

jsut for that I'm going to go skinny dipping in the aquaduct that supplies all the water for you guys to wash your cars with smile.gif

Allan
Just looking for some assistance being that this is a first for me and I know that there will be issues that only the experts will know how to address. I will be supplying lunch and your choice of beverages to whoever wants to attend.

Gotta get this beast ready for the WWC!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ron
Sammy
For any question, there can only be one of two correct answers:
the first possible answer is 7 which doesn't really apply here,
the second possible answer is hooters.
Glad I could help beerchug.gif
Allan
Hey Sammy, if you show up I'll have Justin there and you guys can shoot the shit will he does anything that requires getting grease in your hair. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 18 2005, 01:58 PM)

jsut for that I'm going to go skinny dipping in the aquaduct that supplies all the water for you guys to wash your cars with smile.gif

I used to do water & wastewater treament...Union City, City of SF, etc....and I won't tell you what I did to your drinking water. happy11.gif icon8.gif
bondo
You forgot Z's place (closest to me) smile.gif You could always do it here in Los Osos, that way it'd be close to pretty much nobody biggrin.gif
MattR
Ive got an idea

We could do it at scott's garage and combine it with a "help scott clean up his garage" weekend (read: all the young guns move heavy stuff while the old farts sit around and drink beer beer3.gif )
SLITS
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 18 2005, 06:31 PM)
Ive got an idea

We could do it at scott's garage and combine it with a "help scott clean up his garage" weekend (read: all the young guns move heavy stuff while the old farts sit around and drink beer beer3.gif )

How 'bout us old pharts forget about garage cleaning and open up a barrel of whoop-ass on you young guns?

You are outnumbered, unless you enlist the aid of the CGBC and then all we would have to do is piss on their pink flip flops and that would throw them into tears.
skline
Joe and I have been talking about having another BBQ get together. It all depends on what weekend you want to do this. This weekend is out as it is raining and we are picking up 2 parts cars and cutting them up tomorrow, I have to work Saturday night installing and setting up a new server rack at a clients office and then of course, more rain. Is it ever going to stop? I have lots of work to do.

Allan
Hey Scott, I was wondering if you even knew Aaron threw your name into the hat. I was hoping for the last weekend in March. I still have to finish the engine bay, but the motor is pretty much ready to button up.

Allan
skline
Yeah, thats fine, we have get togethers over here and work on cars and destroy my garage and lose all my tools about every other weekend or so. We have BBQ's at Joe Buckles house, we can have it all combined here and get about 10 to 15 teeners out in the streets and driveway and just have a big old party. If you got the motor together right, we can make it run. With all the guys here, if there is a problem, we can most likely resolve it quickly. Strength in numbers and all that. We could have a final assembly day down here. Maybe while Joe is cooking, we can get yours, his and a few others all running and road worthy and ready to go. Sounds like fun. Kind of a Pre WCC party.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 18 2005, 07:30 PM)
Hey Scott, I was wondering if you even knew Aaron threw your name into the hat. I was hoping for the last weekend in March. I still have to finish the engine bay, but the motor is pretty much ready to button up.

Allan

scott who?? confused24.gif w00t.gif

mr kline,
i have your pieces from engman..... mueba.gif
Allan
So how does the weekend of March 26th and 27th sound? I can pencil it in if that works. Can't wait to driving.gif
skline
I dont see any reason why not, looks as good as any. Lets just hope the rain subsides by then. So Mr. Cox, you want to plan a 914 get together with us?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 18 2005, 08:08 PM)
I dont see any reason why not, looks as good as any. Lets just hope the rain subsides by then. So Mr. Cox, you want to plan a 914 get together with us?

ill plan the fun runs.... wink.gif yes mr kline, i will accept the job doing a write up and nailing the thread. Get me a map from mapquest..... and i get a pic of joe BBQ ing wink.gif

i bet we can get 20 peeps there
redshift
I could take a router, and hook up a switching system here, and you can have one there... and when I flip the switch, BAD GAS can destroy his motor.

M
Allan
Here ya go Miles. wink.gif Nice little 914 club.
redshift
You get that from Otto?

m
Aaron Cox
Write up is done.... we need to start a new thread.....
redshift
awesome!

The..... nevermind..
skline
Aaron, when you make the post about it, do a poll of who will come so we can get a count of who will be there. It helps in knowing how much meat and other stuff to buy.
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 18 2005, 06:31 PM)
Ive got an idea

Uhmm. You better allow more than a weakend if you're going to clean up sklines garage!! LOL
Cheers, Elliot
SLITS
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 18 2005, 08:13 PM)
I could take a router, and hook up a switching system here, and you can have one there... and when I flip the switch, BAD GAS can destroy his motor.

M

So Otto was right....you did feed your engine a diet of Billy Beer and peanuts......shame on you for ruining a beautifuly engineered piece of german machinery. bootyshake.gif icon8.gif

Remember miles....petrol, automotive gas, fuel....not ass gas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.