Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reinstalling fuel injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
When reinstalling injection from carbs how long does it generally take assuming you have all the parts
Thanks Brian
Mike Bellis
That is relative to your skill level. Plan on a weekend to be safe.
cal914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 3 2015, 12:50 PM) *

That is relative to your skill level. Plan on a weekend to be safe.

What if where a proper mechanic,how long would it take them
Thanks B
type47
3 hours
GeorgeRud
Also depends how many changes were made to the fuel pump circuit. The injection system is pretty much a pretty simple system in comparison to some of today's systems.
DRPHIL914
I've never had carbs but when I first had the car I pulled everything off to replace all the seals and gaskets to eliminate vac leaks. That included new plenum throttle body runners injectors wiring vac and fuel lines and I think that took about 3 Hours. So depnds on your experience and knowledge. I can't imagine it would take more than that. Just remember you need a different fuel pump too.
Tbrown4x4
If the injection was taken off and replaced with carbs, there could be diagnostic time to figure out why it was removed in the first place.
Dave_Darling
And, of course, if the cam was changed, the sky is the limit...

--DD
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ May 4 2015, 08:48 AM) *

If the injection was taken off and replaced with carbs, there could be diagnostic time to figure out why it was removed in the first place.

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 4 2015, 10:42 AM) *

And, of course, if the cam was changed, the sky is the limit...

--DD

agree.gif
make sure cam was not changed for carbs;
** some tuning will be necessary in most cases
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.