Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 70 teener controls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arkitect
Take a look at the switch location. I've seen a 71 that has the far left for the light switch, next the hazard light then the fog light control. What's the fourth hold for?

Click to view attachment

then the contols on the right of the steering wheel, three holes. Usually one for cigarette lighter then the other for windshield wipers. What's the third one?

Click to view attachment

Dave
siverson
> then the contols on the right of the steering wheel, three holes. Usually one for cigarette lighter then the other for windshield wipers. What's the third one?

rear defroster.

I think those are all normal... ? I think they all just had extra holes "for future features".

-Steve
Larmo63
agree.gif
arkitect
ok, what about the left side? Maybe it had a plug for future use.

Dave
hndyhrr
I have a 70 and on the left side only two switches, headlights and emergency flashers

headlights in the left most hole and emergency flashers in 3rd hole from left.
arkitect
Maybe depended on the options ordered with the car.

I've seen a reverse of the fog light and emergency flasher on an early car. Lights on the left, then fog light and flasher on the right of the three.

I was thinking of eliminating one of the four and go to just three. Any issue if I went to an aluminum plate?

Dave
Hank914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ May 3 2015, 10:17 PM) *

I have a 70 and on the left side only two switches, headlights and emergency flashers

headlights in the left most hole and emergency flashers in 3rd hole from left.

My 1972 had the left side as:
Headlights
Emergency
Driving/fog lights
Nothing in 4th spot, just a gap

Right side as:
Nothing in first spot, just a gap
Cigarette lighter
Rear window defrost

rhodyguy
Would'nt the extra hole on left be for the 6 ignition switches? Makes for a good spot to mount a electric windshield washer pump toggle in 4 cly cars.
arkitect
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 4 2015, 08:20 AM) *

Would'nt the extra hole on left be for the 6 ignition switches? Makes for a good spot to mount a electric windshield washer pump toggle in 4 cly cars.

Now were talking, a previous 6 cylinder original car. It is a 70...but have my doubts.

Isn't there a vin number series that 6 cyl's fall in?

Dave
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 4 2015, 11:20 AM) *

No, the 6's are different. My '71 has the holes under the vinyl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.