Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Special thanks to some members for help after my wreck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so after my fiasco on the way to Route 66. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their support. I know so many felt my pain. I had so many people offering me parts & help. So I am going to list a few here. Please if I miss someone don't be offended. I am dead tired after a long day of driving. So besides a blanket thank you to the 914world community in general. Hats off to the following who went above & beyond

Rick & Mark for spending a few hours saturday working on the dents from my wreck. It was amazing to watch them both at work. It was so kind of them both to volunteer their time during the event which is supposed to be time off for fun.

Huge thanks to Elliot for coming to pick me & my car up friday. One of the cables on my transmission snapped. So I was stuck in neutral. Made it through most the drive thankfully. Then Elliot came to my rescue cheer.gif . Brought his flat tow bar to haul me back to his house

Thanks to Jeff for hanging with me while we waited for Elliot. Then giving me a ride back to the hotel to get my van. After picking my car up in my van. I took my car to Jeff's (strawman) to see what was up with my tranny. I thought it was something totally different than what we found. Then we cleaned put he quarters to have them ready for Rick & Mark. It was great to see your car Jeff.

For some free parts my thanks to Dave for the set of trailing arms. Mark (mikey914) for the rear bumper with a new top on it. Brent in Salem for finishing off the prep work on the stiffening kit on that trailing arm. Original Customs for getting my trailing arm ready for install.

In general WCR this weekend was awesome. I have no regret's. Even with my transmission issue which kept me from doing the drive saturday. I thank everyone so much for all the kind words & encouragement. Been a kinda rough with my car since last august. I am truly blessed though. My car is coming back together once again. All thanks to this wonderful community. Wether it was parts, Working on my car or just some kind words. It has kept my love of 914's despite my run of bad luck.

Anyway thanks to everyone I wub.gif you all pray.gif
euro911
Give me a little time to review and edit the video. It was cool watching Mark & Rick working their awesome magic on your car beerchug.gif
Cuda911
Sorry I had to miss WCR. So, what's the car looking like? Is the body fixed now?
Big Len
Besides the stunning pictures, this has been the best story.
altitude411
agree.gif Truly inspiring to witness from the sidelines. What a great group here on the World. Looking forward to seeing some video of the metal bumping. Best of luck to you JRust on getting your beautiful car back to pristine condition. I hope the gremlins got a headache from all that banging and drowned in the ocean.
green914
agree.gif awesome to watch, it was like seeing magic.
I also owe a big thanks to Mark for getting my carbs synchronized pray.gif
JRust
Pics from before
JRust
After Rick & Mark worked their magic
Scott S
QUOTE(JRust @ May 4 2015, 09:21 AM) *

I would have paid to sit quietly and watch those two do their magic. Dream team - and in a parking lot no less. So cool!!
beerchug.gif
MikeInMunich
cheer.gif Ya´ll ROCK!! aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Heeltoe914
It was very cool to watch. The spirit of helping hands at a 914 event will never end. And thanks to the hands that helped clean up my car after my oil line explosion. Drove home with no problems, Thanks everyone!! Whos tools do I have. Husky brand 17 an 19mm and a pair of channel locks????
euro911
At the least, we found out EMT doesn't make a good oil line coupling, eh? poke.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(Scott S @ May 4 2015, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ May 4 2015, 09:21 AM) *

I would have paid to sit quietly and watch those two do their magic. Dream team - and in a parking lot no less. So cool!!
beerchug.gif

agree.gif piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif
McMark
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 4 2015, 01:05 AM) *

Give me a little time to review and edit the video. It was cool watching Mark & Rick working their awesome magic on your car beerchug.gif

Everyone is gonna be treated to my plumbers crack and smart ass commentary. cheer.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(McMark @ May 4 2015, 08:27 PM) *

Everyone is gonna be treated to my plumbers crack and smart ass commentary. cheer.gif

Same, same??

smilie_pokal.gif Great work Mark. beerchug.gif
This is what 914world is about friends helping friends...
euro911
QUOTE(McMark @ May 4 2015, 07:27 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 4 2015, 01:05 AM) *
Well, it's like the problem that cropped-up in Alfred Hitchcock's 1944 movie - Lifeboat … in one scene, the leading lady, actress Tallulah Bankhead wasn't wearing underwear and Hitchcock couldn't decide which department should handle the issue … costumes, props or make-up ...
Bossman
Between the BP size environmental disasters, professional motor tuning, midnight valve adjustments, and shade canopy body shop the Sam Simeon Lodge will remember the 2015 WCR for a long to,e to come!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(JRust @ May 4 2015, 10:21 AM) *

Wow--it's almost as if those two know what the heck they're doing!! wink.gif

--DD
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bossman @ May 4 2015, 10:03 PM) *
Between the BP size environmental disasters, professional motor tuning, midnight valve adjustments, and shade canopy body shop the Sam Simeon Lodge will remember the 2015 WCR for a long to,e to come!

I don't think we've ever been at the same hotel twice ...
laugh.gif
euro911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 5 2015, 10:29 AM) *
QUOTE(Bossman @ May 4 2015, 10:03 PM) *
I don't think we've ever been at the same hotel twice ...
laugh.gif
I was in a hurry to leave and accidentally forgot to leave the room 'key' cards. When I called the hotel to let them know, they said no problem, they have tons of them. During our conversation, it was apparent that they were happy with our group and would like to have us stay again in the future. Guess we didn't leave too big of a mess shades.gif
Andyrew
Sorry I didnt get to help! We were out eating and when we got back it was done! I doubt I could have lead a hand much anyways with those guys busy at each fender...

McMark
That's why I hardly ate all weekend. Too much to do and see. You might miss something cool. biggrin.gif
76-914
Best 914 outing to date, IMHO. But I've only been to 5 major ones so what do I know? I do know this much though. I've been at 2 that McMark attended and he ended up working his ass off whilst others partied. I told my wife, ""How'd you like to be that poor fuching McMark when someone asks "Are you going"? I'm sure he's thinking he'd like to drive for hours, only to work and for free at that?"" Yea, right!
My Hat is off to you my Man. You 2 Rick. pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.