Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch cable replaced
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hank914
I replaced my frayed out and broken clutch cable (snapped at the firewall, is that a common place for them to fail?), and noticed how the clutch cable and the accelerator cable interact.

In the very front of the tunnel by the peddles, is the accelerator cable supposed to sit right on top of the clutch cable wheel?

Sorry but the first pic is upside down of accelerator cable (bottom cable in photo) at WOT resting on top of clutch cable wheel(engaged, peddle not depressed)

Click to view attachment

This picture shows the accelerator cable in idle position (this is not upside down) sitting right on top of clutch cable wheel. Is that how it should be?

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
This issue is more common than you think. If you connect the throttle cable tight to the carb linkage, pressing the clutch can rev the engine.

I had to run my throttle cable slightly loose to prevent this. I eventually installed a small pulley inside the tunnel to lift the throttle cable higher and avoid the clutch clevis.

I finally decided to go with a DBW throttle for my conversion. I also now have a hydraulic clutch. beer.gif
Hank914
"I had to run my throttle cable slightly loose to prevent this. I eventually installed a small pulley inside the tunnel to lift the throttle cable higher and avoid the clutch clevis."

Thanks for the reply. I may have to do the pulley fix also. Not an issue right now, but previously I did have that exact problem.
rosenfe
i also rebuilt pedals,as throttle arm bushing play contributed to the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.