Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GB seat replacement vinyl Black, white, tan brown
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
Brought these to WCR for all to see.
Posting pictures shortly.

This is the base cushion, center section with the headrest, and the back that covers the bolsters on the sides.

We got this down doing the plaids and will be taking this to the "normal" vinyl material now.

So who's up for a GB?

These will be ready to start shipping in about 12 days.
scott_in_nh
Is it possible to get just the base cushion cover and the center console cover in black?

Mikey914
Yes, but best pricing will be in the "bundle"
Mikey914
Pictures of the seat "kits"
Mikey914
more black early -Brickmold
Mikey914
Late black
Mikey914
White
Mikey914
Tan
Mikey914
Brown
Hine62
I'd be in for one maybe two...
mepstein
Nice! I put your new bolster vinyl up against some 40 year old oem vinyl and it looked identical, same grain, same thickness.

Dare i ask what this would cost to do in leather?
Johny Blackstain
Your tan looks very brown to me Mark. sad.gif
Tan, aka Cinnamon leatherette:
Rleog
Hi Mark

I'll take one set in black. When it's ready, I'll add a few small items to the order.

Thanks
Shadowfax
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ May 5 2015, 07:19 AM) *

agree.gif mine is the same color. I'd buy a pair of seat covers and the 2.0 center console vinyl (if available) if you could match the cinnamon.
jsaum
I have the seats on my todo list for my 72, I would be in for a set depending on cost. I will need black. Ok sign me up for a set 72 black.
Mikey914
Helps if I actually post the tan ones
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2015, 11:27 AM) *

Helps if I actually post the tan ones

No doubt that is tan (beige), & now I know why Porsche calls mine cinnamon. Big color difference. Any chance of producing cinnamon in the earlier brick pattern?
dlkawashima
Isn't the first brown posted Cinnamon ... like in the Sahara Beige 914?

IPB Image
Johny Blackstain
According to my COA, this is "Cinnamon Leatherette":
poorsche914
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ May 5 2015, 10:55 AM) *

agree.gif mine is the same color. I'd buy a pair of seat covers and the 2.0 center console vinyl (if available) if you could match the cinnamon.

agree.gif That's what I would need also!

driving.gif
Chris Pincetich
I'll order 2 black seats beerchug.gif
rfinegan
Looks a lot like my 75 I was thinking this was the Buckskin leatherette ? I need on a set too

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 5 2015, 08:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Shadowfax @ May 5 2015, 10:55 AM) *

agree.gif That's what I would need also!

driving.gif
JimN73
Can you break the bundle pricing down for us, Mark?

Thanks,

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 4 2015, 12:48 PM) *

Yes, but best pricing will be in the "bundle"

Mikey914
Actually, the starting point is $175 per seat
Included are -

1- back with side bolsters $75
1- seat base cover $50
1- center section with head rest $65

Looks like if I can get 25 sets out of the gate I can get these down to $165 a set. I think it's doable. As far as leather goes or any custom material, I can do it without an up charge, but you will need to supply the material.

JoeDees
I don't mean to undercut your business or what not, but do you by chance have/be willing to share the pattern to make covers? I have the idea/intention to make mine a little "different" material wise.
Mikey914
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ May 6 2015, 07:21 AM) *

I don't mean to undercut your business or what not, but do you by chance have/be willing to share the pattern to make covers? I have the idea/intention to make mine a little "different" material wise.

Sorry, I will not share the pattern, but I will sew your material if you want something different.
Still trying to source the Sahara Beige materials.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 6 2015, 01:08 AM) *

Included are -

1- seat base cover $50

Looks like if I can get 25 sets out of the gate I can get these down to $165 a set. I think it's doable. As far as leather goes or any custom material, I can do it without an up charge, but you will need to supply the material.

I need two seat base covers.

I know it is not part of this GB, but am hoping you offer a center armrest cover (I did not see them on your website).

Thanks,

Scott
Mikey914
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ May 6 2015, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 6 2015, 01:08 AM) *

Included are -

1- seat base cover $50

I need two seat base covers.

I know it is not part of this GB, but am hoping you offer a center armrest cover (I did not see them on your website).

Thanks,

Scott

We can and will offer a center cover. I just need to pastern to price. I can get to that this next week as the day job is calling.

We intent to have a complete kit, door panels, back pad, seats, center cushion, dash face vinyl and carpets. This is where all these group buys are going. We plan to stock as many options as we can, including plaid. It's a pretty big undertaking, but no one else has done this.

We want to, and at a reasonable price.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 6 2015, 09:31 AM) *

We can and will offer a center cover. I just need to pastern to price. I can get to that this next week as the day job is calling.

We intent to have a complete kit, door panels, back pad, seats, center cushion, dash face vinyl and carpets. This is where all these group buys are going. We plan to stock as many options as we can, including plaid. It's a pretty big undertaking, but no one else has done this.

We want to, and at a reasonable price.

aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
I was one of the lucky winners at the WCR. I will be ordering the second seat! biggrin.gif

And cinnamon is very hard to match. As far as I have been able to research the material is no longer made. What is out there is not the same.
Kevins911
I'll take two sets, early brickmold in black.

Thanks
Kevin
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 6 2015, 11:52 AM) *

And cinnamon is very hard to match. As far as I have been able to research the material is no longer made. What is out there is not the same.

agree.gif & have had the same results... no matching cinnamon anywhere. I got lucky with my six in that the interior came out of another cinnamon creamsicle that the guy turned into a track car. Seems like sourcing any cinnamon components are going to require another teener for donor parts. sad.gif
Mikey914
I may be able to get some. I'm checking, but it will be a week before I see the samples.
wes
So are you planning on doing a group buy on the complet interior package?
confused24.gif Some how I missed talking to you at the WCR!
Mikey914
Yes we are assembling GB's for the various components to start production on these in mass quantities. The seats are going on right now too, and the door panels are supposed to be coming along, but I'm waiting for my key player to crank these out.

I did a write up in Fourteener Motoring, and will be doing a follow up for the seat kits. We have been stocking up on our carpet kits and will offer the option to add these in if they are all ready at the same time. Which they should be.

SO yes we will be offering a complete kit, but we have broken it up in easy to digest pieces. This also keeps one item from holding up the entire show.

We have headliners, and trunk carpets also stocked up too!

Mikey914
QUOTE(wes @ May 6 2015, 09:26 PM) *

So are you planning on doing a group buy on the complet interior package?
confused24.gif Some how I missed talking to you at the WCR!

Might have had something to do with 7 on Saturday night!
lonewolfe
I'm interested in a pair for a early basket weave for my '72 in Black. I already have your door panels and covers from your previous group buy. I also have the material for the dash. So I guess seat covers and back pad are all that's left.
A&P Mech
I am in for a pair in black for my 74.
76-914
Mark, I'm in for a set as well. Just not sure which color. I always thought I had Tan until I saw the pic's of Cinnamon. Now I believe that I have Cinnamon. blink.gif
Valy
Is the brown set dyed or do you use brown vinyl?
Mikey914
I use the brown vinyl, dying is a poor solution as it will not stand up well over time.
nsr-jamie
Any plans for doing corduroy inserts like some of the 914's had back than...I would love to get a set in black...but I hear bad things about the quality of todays corduroy...it has to be automotive quality.
lonewolfe
Mark, do you have the brown Brickmold for early cars? Mine originally had brown. I've switched it to black because I didn't think I could find the brown again.

Also, I think I read you're working on a replacement dash pad. Is this true or just someone's wishfull thinking?
DRPHIL914
i know i orderd the gray plaid with black vinyl from the other group buy... and that is finally due in soon - i might have you do that with white vinyl instead. I wish i could do a mock up to see what that would look like, but in my mind i think it would look really cool!
Mikey914
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ May 11 2015, 05:12 AM) *

Mark, do you have the brown Brickmold for early cars? Mine originally had brown. I've switched it to black because I didn't think I could find the brown again.

Also, I think I read you're working on a replacement dash pad. Is this true or just someone's wishfull thinking?

The brown brick mold for the early car is proving difficult to source, but I'm working on it. I may be able to. I'll know more when I return.
Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ May 11 2015, 05:12 AM) *

It's just the top part that cracks, but yes we are getting close.
Mikey914
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ May 11 2015, 03:31 AM) *

Any plans for doing corduroy inserts like some of the 914's had back than...I would love to get a set in black...but I hear bad things about the quality of todays corduroy...it has to be automotive quality.

I had not, but again, if you can find it I'd be happy to make up a set.
moe
im in for two
Mikey914
opening the GB with several others Thursday
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 20 2015, 02:43 AM) *

opening the GB with several others Thursday

Mark, any news on the Grey plaid from the last group buy?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.