Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB - back pad vinyl all 3 pieces -$125
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
These have been patterned and staring up production. I'll have pictures later today.
You will be able to include the fiberglass if you want, I'm working on pricing for that now.

Possible it could ship with seat kits, but may be a week or so behind them.
bigkensteele
I am in for one in black. I may want fiberglass too.
poorsche914
Will the tan be a solid color or like the "cinnamon" found on '74 (and perhaps others)?

driving.gif
bakerj
I would like one in Black.
Mikey914
Pictures of my white one. Let me know whos in and I'll PM everyone when ready
Mikey914
duplicate post
maxwelj
Are you doing a '70 version as well?
Chris Pincetich
Possible to only get the sides? 2 of the three pieces beerchug.gif
wes
Need one!
EdwardBlume
I'm in for a black set. Thx
Mblizzard
Mark made one of these sets for my car a while back. The price was higher. The material was good quality and everything went together extremely well. I would highly recommend this option to anyone that was thinking about restoring their back pad. Not that I am complaining about the price I paid but at this price I may get another one!

I also got the fiberglass back pad and it is a great item if your pad has any damage.
76-914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 4 2015, 12:19 PM) *

Ditto, possibly ship it with the dash??
Mikey914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 4 2015, 02:30 PM) *

Will the tan be a solid color or like the "cinnamon" found on '74 (and perhaps others)?

driving.gif

Should be one in the same. I just call it tan because it looks , well, ....... Tan.
Mikey914
QUOTE(maxwelj @ May 5 2015, 01:22 PM) *

Are you doing a '70 version as well?

I have a patten I could use for 70 with fixed seat, but currently have not gone down that path yet. Wanted to see what the response was with the most common set up 1st.

Mikey914
QUOTE(Chris Pincetich @ May 5 2015, 01:27 PM) *

Possible to only get the sides? 2 of the three pieces beerchug.gif

Possible, but it would break down something like this -

Left - $56
Right - $56
Center $ 45

So yes possible, best pricing in kits.
Mikey914
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 5 2015, 05:07 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 4 2015, 12:19 PM) *

Ditto, possibly ship it with the dash??

The dash will ship in it's own custom box. It can ship together, but we use another custom box for the fiberglass back pad too. I can combine the vinyl easily as well as other small parts.
L8apex
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 4 2015, 10:33 AM) *

These have been patterned and staring up production. I'll have pictures later today.
You will be able to include the fiberglass if you want, I'm working on pricing for that now.

I'm in for a set in black. I have the fiberglass backing, but do you have some thoughts as to how to staple the vinyl to the fiberglass after gluing? I'm afraid gluing alone won't last long in the SoCal sun.

Roy
Mikey914
QUOTE(L8apex @ May 5 2015, 11:10 PM) *

I'm in for a set in black. I have the fiberglass backing, but do you have some thoughts as to how to staple the vinyl to the fiberglass after gluing? I'm afraid gluing alone won't last long in the SoCal sun.

Roy

You can use the short staples and glue no problem.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2015, 10:18 PM) *

Roy

Using the right glue is key. I used HH-66 with good results.
RAX914
I'm in for a set in black.

Thanks,
euro911
Hmmm idea.gif

Can we see the TAN one, Mark?
Rleog
I'm up for a set in black.
Thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 6 2015, 12:37 AM) *

Hmmm idea.gif

It's cinnamon for you! Yes we are doing these up now. may be a few weeks as we started with the black.
Kevins911
I'll take a set in black with the fiberglass back pad.

Thanks
Kevin
L8apex
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2015, 11:18 PM) *

Roy

I tried the staples, but the fiberglass was too hard for the staples to penetrate. Any suggestions?
Mikey914
Bigger stapler? the electric ones seem to work.
76-914
QUOTE(L8apex @ May 7 2015, 09:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2015, 11:18 PM) *

Roy

I tried the staples, but the fiberglass was too hard for the staples to penetrate. Any suggestions?

I haven't done one of Mark's fiberglass panels yet but I've worked with similar using an elec stapler as Mark mentioned. If you do not have solid backing when you shoot the staple it won't penetrate properly. Kinda like bucking a rivet.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(L8apex @ May 7 2015, 08:08 PM) *

I recommend the HF pneumatic stapler. Mine works great, and for $23 you will never touch a manual staple gun again.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-gauge-wide...pler-61619.html
Mike D.
I'd be in for a set in black, too.

A&P Mech
I take a set in black.
turk22
Yes Mark,

I would take a set as well.

thx,
Turk
bigkensteele
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 8 2015, 11:34 AM) *

I recommend the HF pneumatic stapler. Mine works great, and for $23 you will never touch a manual staple gun again.

On sale now for $16 with coupon 39222986.
billh1963
I'm in for at least a black one and probably even a white and tan one. Let us know as you get closer.
L8apex
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 8 2015, 12:34 PM) *

Thanks for all the good suggestions to use an electric or pneumatic stapler. I'll give it a try when I receive the vinyl backpad upholstery from Mikey.
aharder
I'm in for a Black Set !! biggrin.gif
jesiv
How much for the fiberglass backing?
Mikey914
Working out pricing now but will be a significant reduction.
saigon71
One black set for me please. Thanks.
raynekat
I would like a black set with the fiberglass backing.
Let me know the price for all of this.
Thanks
jesiv
Dito! I would like a black set with the fiberglass backing.
Let me know the price for all of this.

Regards
James
zambezi
I would be interested in just the backpad fiberglass if it comes up in a groupbuy. I also need the door panels in fiberglass.
Mikey914
will do pricing shortly.
Mikey914

Hmmm idea.gif

This is the "tan" or "cinnamon" That I was referringIPB Image to.
Mikey914
PM sent to all. I did get a bad link on some of the PM's so here is the link if you need it. Sorry, not sure what happened there.
It should be http://shop.914rubber.com/GB-Specials_c22.htm

We are working on updating the site and hopefully moving it to another platform. Not quite there yet. The site needs lots of Help so please feel free to make suggestions for what we can do to make things better.
zambezi
Got the PM thanks. One question... do you make the small black plugs for the screw holes in the padded trim around the windshield and roll bar? I could not find them on the site.
euro911
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 21 2015, 11:32 AM) *
Hmmm idea.gif

This is the "tan" or "cinnamon" That I was referring to.
IPB Image
A little darker than the rest of my interior headbang.gif ... I'll have to sleep on it yellowsleep[1].gif

Thanks ...

Mikey914
QUOTE(zambezi @ May 21 2015, 09:07 PM) *

Got the PM thanks. One question... do you make the small black plugs for the screw holes in the padded trim around the windshield and roll bar? I could not find them on the site.

I don't yet, but I am working on them as they will be needed for the new roll bars when we make them
altitude411
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 22 2015, 01:21 AM) *

... they will be needed for the new roll bars when we make them

clap56.gif pray.gif thumb3d.gif dancinnanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.