Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You won't believe how limited my selection is!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeInMunich
...by TUV over here in Germany!!

It's like...ONE, other than the stock! mad.gif

So it looks like I will be installing a Momo Prototipo, 35 cm wheel. No dish(ing) to it, not allowed. barf.gif

I hope it will allow for my left leg to get beneath it with clearance. Again, my sport seats which I want to keep are robbing me of space.

I will also try to shimmy up the column a wee bit to raise it some more, as suggested by Porsche930Dude in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=254843

But alas! Here is my question / request!

TUV will not approve the wheel if there is not a clear view of the gauges, especially the odometer!

Does anybody have a 35mm Momo hub that they could please take a moment to post a photo of...regarding the view of the dash from the driver's perspective? I would be much obliged. smile.gif

Thanks!

Mike in Munich

damesandhotrods
It looks like you’re going to have borrow or buy a set of original seats for the TUV inspections, and then change them out after it is inspected…
SirAndy
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 4 2015, 12:14 PM) *
... TUV will not approve ...

Depending on the quality of the part, you can always try to get a "Einzelabnahme" with the TÜV.

Depending on the part you're trying to use, that can get really expensive but it can't hurt to do some research.

I've managed to get a set of custom steel flares for my Super Beetle TÜV approved without a "Gutachten" and the "Einzelabnahme" was only a few bucks.

It really depends on the technician you get and if he's in a good mood that day.
biggrin.gif
JRust
I moved my speedo to the center in my car. When I went to the smaller wheel from stock. The wheel cut off a little to much. Moved my tach to the side & the speedo to the center. Of course I have speedhut gauges & they are all the same size. LOL
dlkawashima
For certain you will block the gauges with a 350mm steering wheel. My wheel is an old 370mm Momo Prototipo and it partially blocks the view of the gauges on the top left and top right of the wheel.
Click to view attachment

I suggest you look for a factory wheel or a 380mm wheel. For example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331519310023?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Click to view attachment
MikeInMunich
Hmmm dry.gif

Thanks for all the feedback. Sir Andy, interesting to hear about your knowledge & Experience over here with the TüV.

I understand it will have, in many instances, much to do with the decisions ov zee Prüfer.

Switching things after the approval is illegal and disqualifies you from being insured, since technically, not allowed is not allowed...i.e. you're VERBOTEN to be on the street with the car. Zis iss Jehmany!! Veee must follow za vools hier!

Zanks four za pics Dave, und zee Feedbacks too. beerchug.gif

M.i.M.
r_towle
Have you verified that your aftermarket seats are approved?
Seems that would also be a tuv thing to approve???
DBCooper
Yeah, sounds like stock seats and wheel to me. I have a 360mm wheel with about a 60mm quick-release extension that still blocks the top left and right gauges. Can't stand the stock wheel, not an option, so I clocked both gauges to see the important parts.

GregAmy
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 4 2015, 05:22 PM) *

For certain you will block the gauges with a 350mm steering wheel.

Ditto. I have a brand new 350mm Prototipo with Momo adapter and a 1" extension, and it completely blocks the upper left oil temp gauge and the entire upper right of the speedometer. Really nice-looking wheel but I'm actually giving serious thought to selling the whole setup and going back to the stock steering wheel.

damesandhotrods
You have about 6 weeks until summer starts. The original seats would have you driving. And then you can spend the winter figuring out a course of action that will fit with the TUV…
biosurfer1
hm... Germany, strict rules, internet forum. This could be one the fastest Goodwin's Law ever! smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 5 2015, 07:33 AM) *
hm... Germany, strict rules, internet forum. This could be one the fastest Goodwin's Law ever! smile.gif

Good catch, i'll take care of it ...
dry.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 5 2015, 07:33 AM) *

Yeah, I think it just happened.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.