Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice please - wheel sizes and what will fit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andrewb
Hi, some advice please from those who know. I've been offered a set of 7x15 cookie cutters. Will they fit with standard fenders - and if so with what size tyres - or will they only go with flares ?
Thanks
Andrew
stugray
depends on the offset.

I assume you mean 5 lug....
SLITS
I have 15X 7 Cookie Cutters on my narrow body. I run a 185/65/15. Fit is very close on the driver's side, but tire has never hit the fender.
andrewb
Sorry - should have said, yes 5 lug is correct. Are there different offsets available within that type ? i.e. 5 lug, 7x15 ?

It sounds like I should be ok with a narow body as long as I watch the tyre size. Worst case might be a bit of rolling the fender lips.

Many thanks for your replies.
jcd914
As far as I know there was only 1 offset for the 7x15 ATS Cookie cutters.

I have 7x15s on my old 914 and the fender lips were rolled, maybe a bit agressively so the fenders might have a little bit extra room.
195/60's tires fit 205/50's would not.

jim
worn
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 4 2015, 12:43 PM) *

I have 15X 7 Cookie Cutters on my narrow body. I run a 185/65/15. Fit is very close on the driver's side, but tire has never hit the fender.

Is it a tighter fit on the inside or the outside of the fender well in front. Looks like I may have some interference on the inside with the wheels I am contemplating for the six conversion and I notice that 205s on stock Mahle wheels appear to have ripped paint away in the front inside in tight corners.
Ben and Ralph
I run 195/55s on my 15x7 cookie cutters. Click to view attachment
stugray
Just another datapoint:
I run 205/50 R15s on stock 2.0L Fuchs with 3/8" spacers in the rear on my narrow body.
The rears rubbed on the inside before I put the spacers on.
Fenders have been pulled & rolled, but not aggressively.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 4 2015, 09:05 PM) *
As far as I know there was only 1 offset for the 7x15 ATS Cookie cutters.

agree.gif

For the street i run 225x50 on mine and there's no way you could fit those under stock fenders without pulling them and rolling the lip.
popcorn[1].gif
mskala
There have been many threads on this stuff. You can search, but use the
Google feature "xyz site:www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php" as the search
where "xyz" is search term.

I think it makes life a lot easier if the reference point is the wheel offset, rather
than say 7x15 which may be different offset (or backspacing) for different wheels.

Difference in offset will determine where your choice of wheel sits under the fender
compared to the existing wheel.

For example, stock 5-lug Fuchs 5.5"x15 have offset of 42mm. 7x15 Fuchs (except
rare 911R wheel) have offset of 23mm. This means that it will be 19mm farther
to the outside of the wheel well. But the 7" wheel is also wider, so outside lip will be
19mm (from offset change) + 19mm (from half the additional wheel width) = 38mm
farther outside.

What will fit also is affected by your spring rate, tire height, camber, ride height.

andrewb
OK gents, thanks for all the replies - especially that picture 'Ben and Ralph' - they look perfect.
As always 'world' has the answers.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.