Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlisle Import/Kit Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
QUOTE(saigon71 @ May 4 2015, 05:40 PM) *

I went last year...... saw one 914 but went to look at speedster kits. there were about 30 there, some very cool rides actually
pvollma
QUOTE(saigon71 @ May 4 2015, 05:40 PM) *

I can't make it to Carlisle, but Sun Motor Cars is having a breakfast in the AM and then a Porsche caravan to the fairgrounds. From the email to CPA-PCA members:

TO: All CPA – PCA Cars & Coffee West Participants

REF: Cars & Coffee West - Meeting, May 16 / Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals

As a reminder… Our normal meeting day for Cars & Coffee West is the second Saturday of each month, which would be this Saturday. However, this month, instead Cars & Coffee West is working with Carlisle Events, and on Saturday, May 16 we are participating in the Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals. I sent information about this earlier, and it was also noted in the April Sprecher Newsletter. The schedule for the day is below. It is not too late to pre-register for the show. Or, if you prefer, you can register the day of the show. Either way, sign-up for Import Car / Infield Parking to park with all the other Porsche’s in the infield, near the Porsche Tent. Look for the nicest German cars on display and the Porsche flags flying at the tent !

Also, note that the day starts with breakfast provided by Sun Motors Porsche in Mechanicsburg. And, it ends with a CPA drive and dinner following the Import Show. If you plan to participate in the drive and dinner I need to know by this Friday in order to establish the total number of people having dinner. So, please reply back and let me know if you will participate in the drive and dinner.

· 8:00 AM: Meet for breakfast at Sun Motors Porsche in Mechanicsburg (joint breakfast for Porsche and Audi participants sponsored by Sun Motors Porsche / Audi)

· 9:30 AM: Porsche participants only – Depart from Sun Motors in caravan and drive to the Carlisle Import & Kit National show at the Carlisle, PA. Fairgrounds. (optional)

· 10:00 AM: Expected arrival time at the Carlisle fairgrounds. Parking for Porsche cars near the Porsche tent, in the Porsche Only show field parking area. All participants are on their own to take in the show and various activities planned by Carlisle Events for the day. Drinks (soda and water) and light snacks will be available at the Porsche Club tent for PCA Club members and guests only throughout the day.

· 4:00 PM : We will depart as a caravan (PCA Club Members and guests only) from the Carlisle Fairgrounds for an organized drive through the hills and countryside of Perry County, followed by a stop for dinner. (Location to be determined.) Participants will pay for their own dinner.

· 7:30 PM: Estimated ending time.

CPA-PCA members are welcome to participate in the entire day starting with breakfast at Sun Motors, or you can arrive at the Import Show anytime throughout the day and take in just the Import show. You can also meet-up with the CPA-PCA Club Porsche car caravan at, or just outside of, the Carlisle Fairgrounds gate 3 at 4:00 PM if you want to participate in just the organized drive and dinner. Contact Tim March via e-mail or by telephone at (717) 385-6048 by this Friday, May 8 to confirm if you will participate in the drive and dinner.

Regards,

Timothy D. March
Big Len
The PCA Zone 1 show and rally is same weekend and it's 40 minutes from me in Bergen County.

It's like the NFL when they schedule 2 or 3 great games at the same time.
VaccaRabite
Same weekend as the Jalopy Showdown in York Springs / Latimore. Which is a smaller show, but more fun for me.

Zach
Dion
Hey Bob, I'm heading over. Not in 914 though. I'll have extra passengers. My daughter
and possibly another guest.
I'm driving my GTi. Have a set of TSW rims/tyres to unload to fellow "dubbers"
Hope to see your green machine there.
struckn
I'm going to the Carlisle Import an Kit Nationals, already ordered on line the 3 day pass.

Might try to go up Thursday (set up day) or Friday to pick up my Entry Packet and look around and so I'm not slowed down Saturday with the crowd at the Gate.

The Porsche Central Pa. PCA guys will have an area for Porsche parking only and a Tent with Food and Beverage for us.

I beleive this is the first time PCA has put something together for ths show and hopefully it will be the Fisrt Annual event. These are the same guys that put together the Hershey Swap we enjoy. The Club is 914 friendly.

Looking forward to it.

piratenanner.gif

Doug
type47
On the fence for this one. I used to go every year but haven't the last couple. Always a fun drive up early saturday morning to look at car stuff all day.
914dave
Jim
You oughta go since Latimore is cancelled. Dion and I have hit this for the last three years. It's cool seeing some of the obscure Euro stuff that's there. You haven't lived until you've seen a turbo Volvo station wagon autocross. hehe
Dave
zymurgist
I'd like to go. Haven't had time to work on Babydoll, though... still fighting that "no power at WOT" issue.
914dave
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 5 2015, 02:38 PM) *

I'd like to go. Haven't had time to work on Babydoll, though... still fighting that "no power at WOT" issue.

Ken
Get off your motorcycle and fix baby doll. Is that and d jet injection system?
Dave
zymurgist
QUOTE(914dave @ May 5 2015, 02:59 PM) *

Ken
Dave

LOL. Yes, D-Jet. Just replaced the fuel filter. Probably going to look for vacuum leaks next. Ugh.

I earned my motorcycle time, though... finally got the BMW back together with all new switchgear on the bars, and mocked up a mod to get the vintage luggage away from the muffler. wink.gif
struckn
Central PA - PCA really wants us there. I contacted Tim March who is the contact for PCA and let him know some of us were coming I had a concern about how many cars they were preparing for the in field parking and got an immediate response which I am posting below. It includes important information as follows.

Hi Doug,

Glad you are joining us for the Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals ! I’m a fan of 914’s and it will be great to have them well represented at the show. If you have an idea about how many cars and people from the 914 group will be attending let me know. It will be helpful as I am working with Carlisle Events to make sure we have enough Porsche Only parking set aside.

Note that you can register on-line ahead of time and pick-up a car and attendee passes at Gate 3 when you arrive. Or, you can also register the day of the show.

Register for ”Import Infield Parking” to be able to park with the group in the Porsche parking area. When registering on-line, under Car Club, if you click on Central PA. Region PCA, we get credit for drawing cars into the show.

This year there will be a Porsche Club tent. Be sure to stop by the tent and introduce yourself. We will have free drinks and snacks throughout the day for PCA Club members. I look forward to meeting you.

Regards,

Tim M.

P.S. – Not sure who put the CPA-PCA Carlisle Import Event in 914world.com, but glad they did that and you all are coming !

piratenanner.gif
914dave
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 5 2015, 03:18 PM) *

Ken
Dave

LOL. Yes, D-Jet. Just replaced the fuel filter. Probably going to look for vacuum leaks next. Ugh.

I earned my motorcycle time, though... finally got the BMW back together with all new switchgear on the bars, and mocked up a mod to get the vintage luggage away from the muffler. wink.gif

Check the throttle position switch. If the last contact is bad it loses power @ WOT. Turn the key on and take the plastic cover of the switch on the side of the throttle body. Move the switch by hand over each contact. You should hear an injector click as it makes contact with each position. There are 13 IIRC. If it gets to the last contact and doesn't click. That will probably be your problem. That's just a quick check without getting the meters out. But it will tell you if it's working and adjusted correctly.
saigon71
QUOTE(struckn @ May 5 2015, 06:59 PM) *

Central PA - PCA really wants us there. I contacted Tim March who is the contact for PCA and let him know some of us were coming I had a concern about how many cars they were preparing for the in field parking and got an immediate response which I am posting below. It includes important information as follows.

Hi Doug,

Glad you are joining us for the Carlisle Import & Kit Nationals ! I’m a fan of 914’s and it will be great to have them well represented at the show. If you have an idea about how many cars and people from the 914 group will be attending let me know. It will be helpful as I am working with Carlisle Events to make sure we have enough Porsche Only parking set aside.

Note that you can register on-line ahead of time and pick-up a car and attendee passes at Gate 3 when you arrive. Or, you can also register the day of the show.

Register for ”Import Infield Parking” to be able to park with the group in the Porsche parking area. When registering on-line, under Car Club, if you click on Central PA. Region PCA, we get credit for drawing cars into the show.

This year there will be a Porsche Club tent. Be sure to stop by the tent and introduce yourself. We will have free drinks and snacks throughout the day for PCA Club members. I look forward to meeting you.

Regards,

Tim M.

P.S. – Not sure who put the CPA-PCA Carlisle Import Event in 914world.com, but glad they did that and you all are coming !

piratenanner.gif

Hoping to make it.
914dave
QUOTE(saigon71 @ May 6 2015, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(struckn @ May 5 2015, 06:59 PM) *

Hi Doug,

Regards,

Tim M.

piratenanner.gif

Hoping to make it.

What do you mean, Hoping to make it? You started this, you'd better be there!
saigon71
I'm booked on Saturday, but rolling over either Friday or Sunday.
914dave
We're doing Saturday Bob.
zymurgist
QUOTE(914dave @ May 5 2015, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 5 2015, 03:18 PM) *

Ken
Dave

Check the throttle position switch. If the last contact is bad it loses power @ WOT. Turn the key on and take the plastic cover of the switch on the side of the throttle body. Move the switch by hand over each contact. You should hear an injector click as it makes contact with each position. There are 13 IIRC. If it gets to the last contact and doesn't click. That will probably be your problem. That's just a quick check without getting the meters out. But it will tell you if it's working and adjusted correctly.

Worth looking into. I have the repro board in the TPS so I "assumed" that it was all OK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.