Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will the real Dr. 914 please stand up?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawk
This is the way it's done for those of you who have never seen snow or 15 degree ambient temperature for a month. Mind you we aint complainin.

Ypsilanti, Michigan January 25, 2003

"The multi-organ transplant was a success after 18 long hours", declared a spokesperson for the eminent 914 surgical team of Drs. S. and C., ably assisted with several naive residents in training. The team initially experienced some adversity in harvesting the pristine organs from a dark complected 32 year old Michigan donor in a 20 degree garage over an 8 hour stretch. Sadly, the donor had experienced a premature death from parental neglect. But despite the unsterile environment of the initial operation, the organs were removed undamaged and were fit into the recipient a week later with little blood loss or trimming required. The night before the second operation, the advance team of Dr. S. and his energetic resident prepped the aging but youthful looking recipient who had experienced a hard life of self abuse in her youth as a Californian. And it showed with much facial aging and even deep meat cleaver-like cracking! "There's just no way we can skin graft this hideous face so that she's presentable in public", lamented a young resident. "All of this just has to go! Get me my blade!" cried Dr. C.

The team attacked the actual transplant in a heated garage (term used loosely) with gusto, Coke, cheeseburgers and Marlboro lights. "This bitch is gonna rip", Dr C. was heard to retort midway during the second operation. Dr. S. was so pleased that he told a reporter for the Bahnstormer, a Mr. G. Trapp, that he gave the entire affair a "2 thumbs up". Whereby one of the residents proceeded to show the missing skin on his own thumbs! The team celebrated their success at Mama Rosa's, sharing tales of individual sacrifice, personal blood loss and innovative uses for old tools during the groundbreaking operation. The plan is to stand the patient up next weekend before a large crowd to see if she passes urine. "No better way to recuperate than to get up and out", said Dr. S. "While we are hot, let's find another one to perfect the use of these nifty tools", was Dr. C. reply. At which scornful glances were cast his way by the residents. Let's just hope we dont experience a graft rejection! cool_shades.gif
END.
vortrex
haha, great! I lived in ypsi for 5 years, don't think I ever saw a 914 there.
Hawk
Good to hear from a fellow sufferer. Actually, the heated storage garage is in Yspi. There are about 30 rabid 914ers in Southeast Michigan so they arent that rare here. As you know it would be suicide to expose these beauties to the road salt, kinda like a wicked witch of the East melting would be initiated. They come out in April after a few showers have cleansed the roads. cool.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Hawk, Thanks for getting my good side in the photo.
Hawk
Curvie,
I thought you were praying there for a moment! laugh.gif
mr914
I ended up getting 914 tail bone from laying under the dash for hours....
mr914
We did discover an easy way to drop the stering column on the 6 beerchug.gif

It did take a lot of head scratching to figure out how to put the heater controls back in place.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(mr914 @ Jan 28 2003, 03:36 PM)
I ended up getting 914 tail bone from laying under the dash for hours....

I ended up with a herniated lumbar disc - no joke. I'm barely able to walk. That shouldn't matter though, cuz my doctor says I need to stay in bed for 2 weeks. Have a donut for me at the car-barn this saturday.
Hawk
STOP! STOP!
You guys are killin me. laugh.gif
mr914
Was that from posing for the photo while holding the hood up and peeking under your armpit? wink.gif

Sorry to hear about the back Curvie Roadlover, had two rolls and three coffies for you. Wish you were there....
mr914
OK, I'm standing.... Anyone else?

Dr C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.