Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My contribution to the flat bed thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
sad.gif
76-914
What happened? Post your pic in the thread. Here it is http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=175444&hl=
Cairo94507
Oh no! All right spill the story already. beer3.gif
mepstein
2 miles from my house, on my way to work, the engine cuts out. I was accelerating in third at about 3K and it just stalled. Coasted to a stop and it wouldn't start again. Motor turns over but doesn't fire. Towed it to my local mechanic and put it into an unused garage. I didn't trust the tow driver to be able to navigate up my driveway backwards and drop it in the garage. My local guy can but this guy - no. I will stop by this week and see what's up. I didn't see anything obvious while i was waiting for the tow and there is gas in the tank. Saving grace is my insurance covers the tow.

After driving 200+ miles at hershey without a hiccup, I was surprised.
JoeDees
I bet it's something dumb like a wire coming unplugged that will make you laugh when you find it.
flipb
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ May 5 2015, 10:14 AM) *

I bet it's something dumb like a wire coming unplugged that will make you laugh when you find it.

agree.gif

My money's on fuel pump.
VaccaRabite
Yeah, somehting electrical.
Either the fule pump wire came off, or the condenser wire, or a fuse, or somehting of that ilk.

Zach
Java2570
I had this very issue happen to me when I took a corner quickly....it just stopped running. Luckily, I got it restarted and got back home with no further incident. However, the next day...it happened again and I couldn't get it restarted. I was too dumb to realize that the fuel pump wasn't cycling when I turned the key and that the fuse came unseated on the relay board. I had my brother help me push the car 1/2 mile back to my house. At that point, I thought of the fuse and checked the relay board. After reseating the fuse, I was able to start the car and drive into my garage! Man, did I feel like an idiot!!
mepstein
I do hear the pump cycle for a second or 2 when I turn the key.
ThePaintedMan
If fuel pump is cycling, then that should be a sign that it's *probably* okay. They usually either work, or do not.

Next try looking for spark while having someone turn it over. Take a plug wire off and hold it close to the case or something metal. See if you have any spark. If not, pull the dizzy cap off. I've seen caps suddenly vibrate off as well as rotor buttons.
mepstein
I will try to get to it this weekend. Thanks guys!
9won4
Click to view attachment Here's one. If ever broken down in Vegas, this tow company was awesome...hope I won't need them again...but I'm sure I will.
somd914
D-Jet? If so, check CHT wire - mine broke, engine bucked and that was it. Attempting to re-start, had spark, but it was so rich there was no sign of ignition.
jeffdon
Busted Crankshaft, July 2014.

Click to view attachment
Chris H.
Well, at least it happened close to home and not during the Hershey trip. No bad noises = probably something simple. Should be fixed up good in no time.

Speaking of bad noises...busted crankshaft? I bet that was some racket...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.