Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wobbling rear view mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
I bought this project in the fall. I just got it back on the road after what most would describe as a complete restoration. It looks and drives to the point where im always looking forward to getting behind the wheel.
It's come down to the rear view mirror...
Is there a way to stop the mirror from wobbling?
Heeltoe914
popcorn[1].gif
Somebody's gotta have an answer of course you could always silicone the back so the ball doesn't move? but I think theres gotta be a better way?
zambezi
bmw retro fit from ebay
Kansas 914
QUOTE(zambezi @ May 5 2015, 07:47 AM) *

bmw retro fit from ebay

agree.gif

Unless you are restoring a concours car.
76-914
I saw that the plastic friction washer is still for sale. I'll bet it is a Royal PITA to install though. It might have been Sierra Madre but I don't remember. It was one of our member vendors, though. Also, there is a guy (Mack) on ebay that sells a BMW mirror which fits and gives a bit better rear view under the roll bar.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 5 2015, 07:57 AM) *

Also, there is a guy (Mack) on ebay that sell a BMW mirror that fits and gives a bit better rear view under the roll bar.

I have purchased a few of these from him and they work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-interi...469&vxp=mtr
vw505
I put a small drop of rtv on mine, but it was trashed .
Dave_Darling
Which mirror, the one on the windshield or the one on the door?

--DD
VaccaRabite
For what its worth I'm the sole bidder on the Ebay one. I'd like to avoid a bid war with a fellow 914worlder.

Zach
zambezi
When that auction is over he will list another one, so be patient and don't outbid Zach, you'll get the next one.
76-914
Here is a link to those friction washers http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-924-92...eed&vxp=mtr
jack20
Thanks very much everyone. I've been involved in several hobby related forums, including the /2 BMW motorcycle forum This group of 914 enthusiasts is the best.
The support really enhances the ownership experience.
Jack
Cuda911
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 6 2015, 04:11 PM) *

Here is a link to those friction washers

Any of you guys tried replacing the washer? If so, how did it go? My mirror isn't too wobbly, but if I could tighten it up with this $6 washer I'd give it a go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.