Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another GB - Fiberglass speaker pods Ends 6/10 last weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Yes the fiberglass speaker pods $49.99 a set
Let me know if you want a set. I have them in my car and the really help to get a speaker that has enough punch to really hear it.
Who wants a set?
jim_hoyland
What do the grills look like ? Picture makes the grill look solid ....?
cwpeden
They are solid. What size speaker fits? 6"?
Kansas 914
I think you cut it to fit your speaker and use the grilles supplied with the new speakers.
bigkensteele
I am in for a set.
Mikey914
QUOTE(cwpeden @ May 5 2015, 06:40 AM) *

They are solid. What size speaker fits? 6"?

6-6-1/2" fits nicely
JamesM
I am in for 2 sets
toon1
I'm in for a set!
Mikey914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 5 2015, 05:28 AM) *

What do the grills look like ? Picture makes the grill look solid ....?

Grills are supplied with your speakers these are only the mounting pods made from sturdy fiberglass.
TheCabinetmaker
Question, Mark. I understand these came from morph's design but could they be made to accept 6x9 speakers? There is so much more selection of speakers in that size, and they deliver ten times the sound as the six inch round.
C-Ya MK
I would like a set please
Mikey914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 6 2015, 04:29 AM) *

Question, Mark. I understand these came from morph's design but could they be made to accept 6x9 speakers? There is so much more selection of speakers in that size, and they deliver ten times the sound as the six inch round.

These are produced by Morph, part of us working together to make these available, and at a lower cost.

Yes, it's possible. It would be a new mold and would be more expensive. I wouldn't say no, but it's a matter of how many people really want them.

You are also limited by the area available in the opening. Remember you are moving your feet in a and out across this area, and it is valuable real estate. The concept is to be close to factory, but allow for a good mid-range speaker. There are many that can fit in these units that provide a sound 10x better than OEM.
Kansas 914
I forgot to add to my previous post that I am in for 1 set - thanks!!
kid914
DAMN I bought a set from you a month or so ago.....! headbang.gif
Andyrew
I'll take a set as well.
RAX914
So will the 6" holes for the speakers be precut or do we cut them out ourselves?

Also, can you post a picture of the back?
snakemain
I'll take a set as well.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(RAX 914 @ May 8 2015, 02:04 PM) *

So will the 6" holes for the speakers be precut or do we cut them out ourselves?

If they are the same as the ones I bought from Mark a few weeks back you have to cut them yourselves to fit your speaker size. Use a dremel or something, but it only takes about 15 minutes. Mine ended up very nice with some 6.5 inch speakers, and my 15 year old daughter is much happier now that we have real sound when cruising around.
RAX914
Thanks Beatnavy, does the backs have standoffs to mount the speaker to the enclosure, like the originals, or does the new speakers and grills compression fit to hold it to the new enclosure?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(RAX 914 @ May 8 2015, 04:50 PM) *

Thanks Beatnavy, does the backs have standoffs to mount the speaker to the enclosure, like the originals, or does the new speakers and grills compression fit to hold it to the new enclosure?

No, it's not like the stock setup and the backs do not have standoffs. The "Grill" in this case is going to be the grill of the speaker you buy. You mount based on the instructions provided by your specific speaker and using whatever mounting hardware they provide. Generally that's going to involve drilling four holes in the pod. I'm out of town or otherwise I'd post a picture. I think I bought Pioneer 6.5 inch round speakers which are pretty darn reasonable in price yet still a big improvement in sound quality over stock. And they look pretty good too.
RAX914
Thanks again BeatNavy!

I'm in for a set.
strawman
I'm in for a set. (just paid for this and a bunch of other stuff on May 11; thanks Mark!!)
914bub
I'm in for a set.
72 IXXIV
I'd like a set.
Sedonut
They look very nice, I'll take a set also.

Thanks!
914forme
i'm in for a set, should have never sold my old set chair.gif headbang.gif poke.gif hissyfit.gif
Mikey914
Opening these up with a few other GBs Thursday
relentless
I would like a set.
moe
I'll take a set
Andyrew
Mark, theses are still not on the group buy page like I mentioned in my PM. If you have a separate link for them let me know.
maf914
Mark,
Are these speaker enclosures the same as those sold several years ago by Morph and 914 Appearance and Performance? I gather you and he work together on some of your products. I have a pair of those, boxed and unused, in the parts stash.
jack20
I'd like a set of these Mark.
Jack
rnellums
One set please!
C-Ya MK
Mark,
These pods are awesome and look great with an incredible low price. Thank you very much
Mike
Mikey914
QUOTE(rnellums @ May 27 2015, 10:15 AM) *

One set please!

Got these on the site in the Group buy section.

http://shop.914rubber.com/GB-Specials_c22.....m1plqscsfapp05

Open for another week, ya snooze you loose.
Also lots of other stuff up too.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 27 2015, 11:42 PM) *

QUOTE(rnellums @ May 27 2015, 10:15 AM) *

One set please!

Got these on the site in the Group buy section.

http://shop.914rubber.com/GB-Specials_c22.....m1plqscsfapp05

Open for another week, ya snooze you loose.
Also lots of other stuff up too.

Mark,

I have been trying to find this on your web site for a week and have no luck. I dont see this in the group buy and I am waiting on this to place my other order, can you provide a direct link?

Thank you!
Mikey914
My mistake they are there now and here's a direct link for all that need it

http://shop.914rubber.com/Porsche-914-door...m?categoryId=-1

maf914
QUOTE(maf914 @ May 26 2015, 05:20 AM) *

Mark,
Are these speaker enclosures the same as those sold several years ago by Morph and 914 Appearance and Performance? I gather you and he work together on some of your products. I have a pair of those, boxed and unused, in the parts stash.

Mark, I am bumping this question in case you didn't see it before. Thanks.
pvollma
Note that these do not fit if you have the dealer-installed under dash A/C unit. I ordered a set of these last year, only to discover this. 914rubber accepted the return for a full refund (thanks Mikey914!).
72 IXXIV
I tried to buy a set from your site but my order was refunded because they "don't fit a 6.5" speaker"

What gives?
Mikey914
Let me know if one of my guys told you this as I have 6.5" in mine.
They do fit 6.5.
Mikey914
This GB ends soon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.