Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WEVO needs your help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
Well, it's not as dramatic as it sounds biggrin.gif

Can anyone measure the boltspacing on the transmission mounts?
Center to center. Measurement preferred in mm (not inches)

I've measured mine, but I feel kinda nervous about messing up a production run because I measured wrong
(you know I'm dangerous with tools)

This is so we can get these for our 914 too
(the are available as 911 engine mounts, but the bolt spacing is a little different from the 914 tranny mounts)

TheCabinetmaker
My old eyes see 87sillymeters.
ClayPerrine
I found that the sport mounts won't fit correctly... but there is a solution. Just take a Big F'in Hammer and whack the front of the mounts that are welded to the car. After about 2 whacks, the mounts fit fine...... smash.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 19 2005, 05:27 AM)
I found that the sport mounts won't fit correctly...

That's exactly why I'm asking for MEASUREMENTS
WEVO will build these mounts to fit the 914
'cmon guys...
Mueller
I measure 96mm center to center

9.5mm thru holes

overall mount length is 115.70mm
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Feb 18 2005, 07:27 PM)
I found that the sport mounts won't fit correctly... but there is a solution. Just take a Big F'in Hammer and whack the front of the mounts that are welded to the car. After about 2 whacks, the mounts fit fine.

Yea, I use the monster HD C clamp and sqeeze the "ears" together. Best I remember is there's about 6mm difference between the club sport engine mounts and the 914 tranny mounts.
wilchek
I measured around 96mm also, but that was with the piece on the car could be 95 or 97.
TMorr
Thanks you guys.

We will have a batch of these shortly. The holes will in fact be slotted to allow for some alignment front to rear, which we have seen is appropriate for the pre-load free installation of the transmission mounts.

Regards

Hayden

PTB Tracey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.