Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tumamilhem
Not mine, saw on the bird and thought I'd share.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...tml#post8597401
MoveQik
Looks like a nice car for sure!!! Problem is...from a collector stand point, you still have me thinking the LE is a more affordable car at the moment but yet in the long run will be more collectible than the /6 just based on its rarity. Decisions!!!! You still interested in a trade on a nice /6 conversion?
Hawk
I could be wrong but that might not be a matching motor, ergo the price reduction on the website.
QUOTE(Hawk @ May 7 2015, 03:11 AM) *

I could be wrong but that might not be a matching motor, ergo the price reduction on the website.

Nice catch on the 2.4 for an early car.
If it were a late 1972, it could possibly be correct.
Thanks
tumamilhem
Conversions may be fun, but they won't be worth as much as originality. Especially the more "customized" they are.

I'm interested in getting a 3.2 conversion as a second car (or a 3.2 Carrera). Not ready to give up my pristine LE. It's too nice to part with and in exceptional condition. Plus mechanically, the engine, tranny and now fuel injection have been all been rebuilt. It would take a lot to get another 914 in this condition.
billh1963
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 7 2015, 03:44 PM) *

Conversions may be fun, but they won't be worth as much as originality. Especially the more "customized" they are.

I'm interested in getting a 3.2 conversion as a second car (or a 3.2 Carrera). Not ready to give up my pristine LE. It's too nice to part with and in exceptional condition. Plus mechanically, the engine, tranny and now fuel injection have been all been rebuilt. It would take a lot to get another 914 in this condition.

Haven't we been down this road already? laugh.gif
mepstein

You mean a salvage title, non matching numbers for engine and trans, paint issues and a long history of poor running. That's the condition your referring to?
scotty b
gereed75
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 7 2015, 06:13 PM) *

Yikes, the hits just keep on coming chair.gif

and Scotty.... where do you get this stuff?? pray.gif
AlanG
QUOTE(Hawk @ May 7 2015, 06:11 AM) *

As I read the VIN list (http://www.p914.com/p914_vin.htm), the engine VIN listed on the COA matches the series. Is there something else that I am missing?
billh1963
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 7 2015, 04:12 PM) *

You mean a salvage title, non matching numbers for engine and trans, paint issues and a long history of poor running. That's the condition your referring to?

Uh oh...now you did it. smile.gif

This thread will be deep sixed as some unknown admin will delete any thread that besmirches Tommy's creamsicle. Maybe Tommy has a silent partner who is in on the hype? idea.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 6 2015, 10:50 PM) *

Looks like a nice car for sure!!! Problem is...from a collector stand point, you still have me thinking the LE is a more affordable car at the moment but yet in the long run will be more collectible than the /6 just based on its rarity. Decisions!!!! You still interested in a trade on a nice /6 conversion?

LOL, thats funny.

Despite what LE owners might have you believe, there really isnt anything that special about an LE. Other than a unique paint scheme and a different front spoiler, its just an optioned 2L 914. Really when it comes down to it there are probably more uniquely factory painted 914s out there than the LEs. From a long term collect-ability standpoint I would probably take a pristine LE over a 6 conversion, but a factory 6 is a whole different ballgame.
tumamilhem

No, my car does not have a salvaged title. Yes, it does have the original matching tranny (Dr. Evil rebuild). It has a period correct 1974 2.0 unmodified stock engine. The engine case number is a couple numbers off from the original engine, but I don't really care about that. The paint is just fine. Everything is rebuilt and running fine. I drive it almost every day. Excellent exterior and interior. You've seen lots of pictures that show this. I think I know my own car better than you, thanks.

What's your problem anyway? Why are you always trying to talk shit about me and my car? Don't you have anything better to do than to talk shit about people you don't know? You don't know me, you don't know my car, I've done nothing to you but you consistently try to bad mouth me on this forum. Why?
eric9144
ILBT's
dry.gif
(+)(+)
billh1963
Tommy,
The issue is that no one likes it when a car is not accurately described. In your own post you say the engine is a few numbers off from the original. What does that mean? To me it means the engine is not original.

From the original seller's (JRust) post from 4/18/12 he clearly states the car has a reconstructed title. :
"I have been restoring this Creamsicle going on 4 years now. It has been a long slow process with plenty of ups & downs. To start with it was a very solid car with very little rust. Just a bit on the battery tray but none below in the hell hole. I replaced the battery tray & it's support. I rebuilt the motor & the transmission. There is about 4000 miles on the drivetrain now. Most of which came on my trip down to Lake Havasu & route 66. It was a 914 get together & I made the 2500+ mile trip in my LE. I have the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche for it. I can't guarantee it with the sale of the car yet. I have not been able to find it since a move a year & a half ago. I think it will still turn up but no guarantee's. I also have the original window sticker for it. At some point in it's life it got a reconstructed title. I was so upset when I found out. There was only one fender that had damage. The drivers front fender had a tear in it form the top of the turn signal to the middle of the front wheel arch. That is the only damage to it. I found a little filler behind the passenger door when I got it painted.There was nothing anywhere else. Not frame damage, no panels replaced. All the original welds were in place & no strange creases or crinkles. The reconstructed on the title is not warranted at all. I would worry about that on a newer car with all the air bag's , plastic & sensor's. This is a 914 & it is in Excellent shape. Anyone seeing your car would not have a clue about the title. So I am not trying to hide anything here. It does have a reconstructed Oregon title & there isn't anything I can do about that.I can tell you this is a very nice restored 914."

Maybe Florida issued a clear title. That doesn't change the history of the car.

Enjoy your car.... just don't misrepresent it
mepstein
Post 295 on jrust rebuild thread. Tommy will probably get the thread removed since it doesn't sync up with his imagination but it's all there in print for at least a little while longer
"Another update as it has been a while. I pulled the tranny that was leaking from the tailcone. It was a rebuilt one but the gasket got a little goobered when it was put on. I had another rebuilt tranny on my shelf so I just put it in there. The dash that I bought off ebay supposedly uncracked wasn't as I said before. It wasn't super obvious before. Now the cracks look more pronounced & annoy the hell out of me. I just bought a excellent uncracked dash for it. Damn things are spendy dry.gif . I started pulling out my intereior last night to get the dash off. I still need to get the lower dash out & then I am ready to pull it. While there are plenty of little things with my paint that drive me nuts. My car looks great just not perfect. At least I will have my interior as close to perfect as I can. There will be no cracks or tears in anything. I will take some pics for you guys soon biggrin.gif"
Btw - jrust states the orig trans was rebuilt at the doctors clinic, not by the dr himself. might as well be accurate.
mepstein
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 8 2015, 10:48 AM) *

No, my car does not have a salvaged title. Yes, it does have the original matching tranny (Dr. Evil rebuild). It has the correct 1974 2.0 unmodified stock engine. The engine case number is a couple numbers off the original, but it is the correct engine. The paint is fine. Everything is rebuilt and running fine. I drive it almost every day. Excellent exterior and interior. I think I know my own car, thanks.

What's your problem anyway? Why are you always trying to talk shit about me and my car? Don't you have anything better to do than to talk shit about people you don't know? You don't know me, you don't know my car, I've done nothing to you but you consistently try to bad mouth me on this forum. Why?

Because you remind me of "scotty boy". Bought a car. Intentionally removed pictures and mis represented it when he had it up for sale and screwed over a new buyer since the cars true history was erased from the site. Read the build thread. Jrust was honest. You are not.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 8 2015, 01:01 PM) *

Tommy,
The issue is that no one likes it when a car is not accurately described. In your own post you say the engine is a few numbers off from the original. What does that mean? To me it means the engine is not original.

From the original seller's (JRust) post from 4/18/12 he clearly states the car has a reconstructed title. :
"I have been restoring this Creamsicle going on 4 years now. It has been a long slow process with plenty of ups & downs. To start with it was a very solid car with very little rust. Just a bit on the battery tray but none below in the hell hole. I replaced the battery tray & it's support. I rebuilt the motor & the transmission. There is about 4000 miles on the drivetrain now. Most of which came on my trip down to Lake Havasu & route 66. It was a 914 get together & I made the 2500+ mile trip in my LE. I have the Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche for it. I can't guarantee it with the sale of the car yet. I have not been able to find it since a move a year & a half ago. I think it will still turn up but no guarantee's. I also have the original window sticker for it. At some point in it's life it got a reconstructed title. I was so upset when I found out. There was only one fender that had damage. The drivers front fender had a tear in it form the top of the turn signal to the middle of the front wheel arch. That is the only damage to it. I found a little filler behind the passenger door when I got it painted.There was nothing anywhere else. Not frame damage, no panels replaced. All the original welds were in place & no strange creases or crinkles. The reconstructed on the title is not warranted at all. I would worry about that on a newer car with all the air bag's , plastic & sensor's. This is a 914 & it is in Excellent shape. Anyone seeing your car would not have a clue about the title. So I am not trying to hide anything here. It does have a reconstructed Oregon title & there isn't anything I can do about that.I can tell you this is a very nice restored 914."

the car had a reconstructed title in Oregon because it was under insured. It had nothing to do with the condition of the car. that rule does not apply in Florida. the condition of the car is fine and was not in an accident.

I am not misrepresenting my car, you are.

Also, you keep badmouthing me and my car on every thread I post. I did not bring up my car. this was a post for a car for sale. but you keep bringing up my car, misrepresenting it, and badmouthing me. Why? What is your problem?
tumamilhem
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 8 2015, 01:39 PM) *

Post 295 on jrust rebuild thread. Tommy will probably get the thread removed since it doesn't sync up with his imagination but it's all there in print for at least a little while longer
"Another update as it has been a while. I pulled the tranny that was leaking from the tailcone. It was a rebuilt one but the gasket got a little goobered when it was put on. I had another rebuilt tranny on my shelf so I just put it in there. The dash that I bought off ebay supposedly uncracked wasn't as I said before. It wasn't super obvious before. Now the cracks look more pronounced & annoy the hell out of me. I just bought a excellent uncracked dash for it. Damn things are spendy dry.gif . I started pulling out my intereior last night to get the dash off. I still need to get the lower dash out & then I am ready to pull it. While there are plenty of little things with my paint that drive me nuts. My car looks great just not perfect. At least I will have my interior as close to perfect as I can. There will be no cracks or tears in anything. I will take some pics for you guys soon biggrin.gif"
Btw - jrust states the orig trans was rebuilt at the doctors clinic, not by the dr himself. might as well be accurate.

Once again, you are misrepresenting my car. that is not the transmission that is in the car now. that transmission blew within a hundred miles of me driving it after I bought it because the speedo nut was not secured properly and blew out the back. That tranny and all it's good parts (everything but the case) sits in my garage for spare parts. It was replaced with the original transmission that is now back in the car. It was rebuilt at Dr. Evil (Mike's) clinic per JRust and Dr. Evil as we discussed it when he was here at Amelia. So again, its not your car, you don't know about it, stop talking shit about it and misrepresenting it. It's not your place, it's not your business. Your history of unprovoked attacks is viscous, vindictive and unwarranted. And harassing. Not to mention a repeat violation of forum rules from thread to thread before and after you've been asked to stop.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 8 2015, 01:52 PM) *

No, my car does not have a salvaged title. Yes, it does have the original matching tranny (Dr. Evil rebuild). It has the correct 1974 2.0 unmodified stock engine. The engine case number is a couple numbers off the original, but it is the correct engine. The paint is fine. Everything is rebuilt and running fine. I drive it almost every day. Excellent exterior and interior. I think I know my own car, thanks.

Because you remind me of "scotty boy". Bought a car. Intentionally removed pictures and mis represented it when he had it up for sale and screwed over a new buyer since the cars true history was erased from the site. Read the build thread. Jrust was honest. You are not.

What the hell are you talking about?
I didn't remove any pictures of my car from an ad I didn't make, I have not put it up for sale, I did not sell my car, nobody has bought my car and its history is well-documented. I do have the original paperwork that you claimed before I didn't have, pictures are posted on my LE thread. Would you like my title also? I'll be happy to post that for you also.

Stop talking about me. You don't know me. Stop talking about and misrepresenting my car. It's not your car. You don't know more about it than I do. Neither is appreciated. I've asked you nicely enough times. Now I'm telling you.

It's time for you to cut it out and mind your own damn business.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(davep @ May 8 2015, 03:03 PM) *

Hey Dave, is that your car I posted about for sale? Is this the COA for it?
billh1963
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 8 2015, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 8 2015, 01:01 PM) *

Tommy,

the car had a reconstructed title in Oregon because it was under insured. It had nothing to do with the condition of the car. that rule does not apply in Florida. the condition of the car is fine and was not in an accident.

I am not misrepresenting my car, you are.

Also, you keep badmouthing me and my car on every thread I post. I did not bring up my car. this was a post for a car for sale. but you keep bringing up my car, misrepresenting it, and badmouthing me. Why? What is your problem?

I have to confess that at this point I am totally confused. JRust (from whom you bought the car) clearly stated that the car had been in a wreck and in his post (which you and I have both quoted) he clearly described the accident damage. In your post, you say the car has not been in an accident. What am I missing?

Oregon reconstructed title requirements: Oregon Reconstructed Title
tumamilhem
No. JRust told me in our correspondence that the car just had a dented fender, very minor, which all of you saw, and that was it. No other damage of any kind or signs of an accident (collision). Just a dented fender that had no affect on anything but the fender (lines all straight, etc.). The DMV has no record of any accident (collision). My guess is it probably got bumped while parked. All lines are straight and nothing else was affected by however the fender got dented. It was under-insured at the time to repair, which is the reason it got a reconstructed title in Oregon. That title in the state of Oregon is applicable if a car is under-insured, thus misleading in such an instance. For example if the car was then insured for $X and a dent happens in the fender and the cost of the fender and labor exceeds the insured amount, it is applicable for a reconstructed title (per DMV). And also why it no longer applies in FL when it was put into my name and my title does not say reconstructed. And as you know, a new fender was properly welded into place. Good as new.

So now that's understood, this thread is for a 1970 914-6 that is for sale - not an opportunity for the same four members to continue to make unnecessary, unwarranted and unprovoked personal attacks on me and my car, like they do on just about every thread I post. Grow the f up.
Old Yella
wtf
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 8 2015, 10:52 AM) *

Fuch. I remember that! That was a Black Eye for the World community. We do a pretty good job of Policeing ourselves but there isn't much one can do when a member goes rogue. I did admire how Eva V went after his ass on the board. happy11.gif We southerners do enjoy a good fight. stirthepot.gif Carry on.
MoveQik
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 8 2015, 11:04 AM) *

the condition of the car is fine and was not in an accident.

My car is the same way. It has NEVER been in an accident. It did get hit once and all the damage had to be fixed and the car repainted and you will see the accident....errrr incident on the insurance history. But...I did fix it so if anyone asks, it has NEVER been in an accident.

Seems legit.
blink.gif
brant
QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 9 2015, 09:04 AM) *

My car is the same way. It has NEVER been in an accident. It did get hit once and all the damage had to be fixed and the car repainted and you will see the accident....errrr incident on the insurance history. But...I did fix it so if anyone asks, it has NEVER been in an accident.

Seems legit.
blink.gif

Mike. Does that mean your car isn't original paint????
Now I'm confused.
MoveQik
QUOTE(brant @ May 9 2015, 09:18 AM) *

Seems legit.
blink.gif

Now I'm confused.

My paint was never on any other car. So I call it original.
brant
QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 9 2015, 10:37 AM) *

Seems legit.
blink.gif

Now I'm confused.

Thats a relief. I voted you for best of show. But I had assumed it was original paint
mepstein
QUOTE(brant @ May 9 2015, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 9 2015, 10:37 AM) *

Seems legit.
blink.gif

Now I'm confused.

Thats a relief. I voted you for best of show. But I had assumed it was original paint

No worries. Just ask an admin to have your vote deleated.
rhodyguy
WTF.gif what the hell are you guys doing?
davep
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 8 2015, 11:17 AM) *

That is the car about which the thread was titled. Not mine. But I did find the COA, so I posted it for reference.
tumamilhem
QUOTE(davep @ May 11 2015, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ May 8 2015, 11:17 AM) *

That is the car about which the thread was titled. Not mine. But I did find the COA, so I posted it for reference.

Kewl. Very nice of you. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.