Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this connect to ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefile2010
Hi to you all up there. I recently replaced my FI wiring loom and must have knocked this small tube off in the process and I am baffled as to where it should be going> So it's the one coming up through the bottom of the engine bay and adjacent to the water drain, below the battery. I had a feeling it might be coming from the fuel tank as some sort of vent but that seems a long way to be running a vent line.
I know someone here will know straight off where this should hook up.
Thanks
RichardClick to view attachment
type47
Not a factory item so anybodies guess (if you're referring to the plastic looking tube going down to the grommet in the engine shelf). Battery vent? Pressure tube for a mechanical oil pressure gauge?
porschefile2010
Thanks Jim. Maybe it is do to with oil pressure. It's a very small gauge tube and quite stiff and inflexible. I'll check the other end out and see if it appears behind the centre console.
type47
If it goes through the tin from above ( as it obviously does in the pic) look around the distributor for the oil pressure sender and see if there is provision for tapping off a fitting for the tube for a mechanical gauge. The tube under the tin might go to the center tunnel with the wiring harness. 'Course I shoulda asked first: do you have an oil pressure gauge? idea.gif
ejm
That thin plastic tube is the vent from the fuel tank. It goes to the carbon canister which would be in the engine compartment on your '75
rgalla9146
ejm nailed it
JeffBowlsby
Agree. It connects to the charcoal canister...or did.
porschefile2010
Thanks everyone. The emissions gear had been taken out by a PO before I brought it down from LA so I might as well get rid of it I guess. I had a feeling I had seen something about there being a vent somewhere but couldn't find any reference in my Haynes manual. Mind you I find the index in the Haynes manual a bit weird too.
euro911
My '75 doesn't have a charcoal canister either … I just ran the tubing out into the r/r wheel well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.