Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale: '73 914/2.0 FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
bob_emm
SOLD, Thank you, Keith!!!!!!!!!!

Front Weltmeister swaybar with adjustable drop arms. OE rear swaybar
21mm hollow front torsion bars
145lbs rear springs
Koni sport shocks
Rear shock tower brace
911 M front struts and brakes
Turbo tie rods
OE 911 16X6 & 16X7 Fuchs with Bridgestone RE71s
Quaife LSD
Getty/911 dash
Recaro Fittipaldi steering wheel
Recaro seats
Schroth harnesses with a harness bar
Blaupunkt Berlin stereo
Lightened GT engine cover. (will trade out for a stock one if one wants)
Custom one off stainless Borla muffler system with stainless steel heat exchangers.
No rust, never wrecked and always garaged.
Handles like a slot car.
Shifts perfect . . . even in first.

7/17/15: New price is $10,000. It has a Salvage title I wasn't aware of till yesterday. I'm not sure why but I know it hasn't ever been in a wreck or flood.

Pictures are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6zbpyvw15bx204q/...2fSu7pgE-a?dl=0
In So-Cal — PM me for more info.
ndfrigi
Wow that is beautiful! I'm sure it will sell fast specially if no issues on any metal of this car!
bob_emm
Totally rust free.
7TPorsh
It's nice...just registered....1st post......why sell?
MikeInMunich
smilie_pokal.gif Awesome. Love it! IMO a great value if there are no rust issue at all, which I presume there aren't.

Is that Olympic Blue Mettalic? I always loved that color. Front valence looks nice, along with a lot of other things.

What is the exhaust on it?

Love that Getty dash!! drooley.gif

If this car was up for sale in 2013-2014 when a I was in the market I would have been excited about the chance to be its new owner. Somebody is going to be pretty stocked, pretty soon.

Good luck, though you won't need it.

M.i.M.
billh1963
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 7 2015, 03:14 PM) *

Is that Olympic Blue Mettalic? I always loved that color. Front valence looks nice, along with a lot of other things.

Marathon Blue...my favorite!!!!
bob_emm
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 7 2015, 10:07 AM) *

It's nice...just registered....1st post......why sell?

I did some work on it for a friend and fellow PCA member that brought it in to get some FI issues dialed in so he could sell it (it had been sitting in a garage for around six years). He's retired now and had to move to a new location because of his wife and can no longer keep this. It has new plates and tags because the personalized plates have been removed. BTW, It's not mine, I'm just helping him sell it.
Personally I'd like to buy it for myself but already have too many toys.
It's a very fair asking price for what it is.
Cairo94507
I would love to see some underside pictures. Nice looking car for a reasonable price.
whitetwinturbo
Great color!
bob_emm
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 7 2015, 07:30 PM) *

I would love to see some underside pictures. Nice looking car for a reasonable price.

I'll put it on a rack on Monday and shoot all the typically bad places from underneath and some overalls.
Cairo94507
Thanks - biggrin.gif
bob_emm
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 8 2015, 06:21 AM) *

Thanks - biggrin.gif

Undercarriage shots are here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3rwdk7d5sxdp0dy/...rfvHNo8jra?dl=0
Cairo94507
Your car appears to be in decent condition. The pan look straight too. Thanks and GLWTS.
SBRNY1
QUOTE(bob_emm @ May 11 2015, 09:04 PM) *

Thanks - biggrin.gif

Thanks for the extra pictures. I understand that you are only helping the owner list and sell this beauty. I have a couple of questions for you/the owner.

- What are the numbers on the car and engine?
- Is this a matching engine?
- What is the mileage on the engine? Rebuilt?
- Is the Marathon Blue the original color?
- How far back does the paperwork on this car go?
- Does the owner have a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity?

Thanks
SBRNY1
QUOTE(bob_emm @ May 11 2015, 09:04 PM) *

Thanks - biggrin.gif

SBRNY1
QUOTE(bob_emm @ May 7 2015, 10:36 AM) *

Front Weltmeister swaybar with adjustable drop arms. OE rear swaybar
Koni sport shocks
Rear shock tower brace
911 M front struts and brakes
Turbo tie rods
OE 911 16X6 & 16X7 Fuchs with Bridgestone RE71s
Getty/911 dash
Recaro Fittipaldi steering wheel
Recaro seats
Schroth harnesses with a harness bar
Blaupunkt Berlin stereo
Lightened GT engine cover. (will trade out for a stock one if one wants)
Custom one off stainless Borla muffler system with stainless steel heat exchangers.
No rust, never wrecked and always garaged.
Not sure of the front torsion bar size and rear spring rate but they're not stock. Handles like a slot car.
Shifts perfect . . . even in first.
$18,750

Pictures are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6zbpyvw15bx204q/...2fSu7pgE-a?dl=0
In So-Cal — PM me for more info.

Is this car still on the market??
Vysoc
Rare opportunity for someone!!

Vysoc flag.gif
bob_emm
[/quote]

Yes, It's unbelievably still on the market. It's a really good deal.

I also found out it has:
Quaife LSD.
21mm hollow front torsion bars.
145lbs rear springs
19mm front sway-bar

He said it also has "914/6 rears" which I'm assuming to be brakes/rotors and stubs but I haven't verified if that's the case.

SBRNY1
[quote name='bob_emm' date='May 14 2015, 05:31 PM' post='2186908']
[/quote]

I also found out it has:
Quaife LSD.
145lbs rear springs
19mm front sway-bar

He said it also has "914/6 rears" which I'm assuming to be brakes/rotors and stubs but I haven't verified if that's the case.
[/quote]
what is the best way to get in touch with the owner? Will you PM me.
bob_emm
[quote name='SBRNY1' date='May 14 2015, 03:34 PM' post='2186909']
[/quote]

I also found out it has:
Quaife LSD.
145lbs rear springs
19mm front sway-bar

[/quote]
[/quote]

PM sent
SBRNY1
[quote name='bob_emm' date='May 14 2015, 05:44 PM' post='2186915']
[/quote]

I also found out it has:
Quaife LSD.
145lbs rear springs
19mm front sway-bar

[/quote]
[/quote]

PM sent
[/quote]
Thanks but I have not received anything in my messages folder. Can you please try again? I also sent you a message yesterday - maybe it would work just to reply to that message.
bob_emm
[quote name='SBRNY1' date='May 14 2015, 03:57 PM' post='2186919']
[quote name='bob_emm' date='May 14 2015, 05:44 PM' post='2186915']
[/quote]

I also found out it has:
Quaife LSD.
145lbs rear springs
19mm front sway-bar

[/quote]
[/quote]

PM sent
[/quote]
Thanks but I have not received anything in my messages folder. Can you please try again? I also sent you a message yesterday - maybe it would work just to reply to that message.
[/quote]
Sorry, not used to this site. I think I sent it to your email address.

bob_emm
Here are all of the ID #s on this car.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yz7g2yfp05gjdh1/...nXHrOWwlAa?dl=0
bob_emm
Here's some more pix I was asked for. The top does come off, the rubber/seals are in excellent condition, all the gauges work, there's a bit of surface rust in the trunk at the typical places but has been sealed up with something, no rust behind the seats. I'm not going to drill out the pop-rivets to take off the rocker panels . . . the longitudinals are fine.
The best way to evaluate this car would be to come out, look at it and give it a drive.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uy607db0y3n0clc/...jmOHk8He4a?dl=0
bcheney
This car is stunning...such an awesome color...it just looks right...a great value for anyone looking for a car to keep!
bob_emm
Here's a video of me scraping off the coating that looks like rust on the trunk floor. I thought it was surface rust that was coated with something but it ended up being just some bubbled up paint that was coated with something brownish in color. The car is truly very rust free.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4wpc1lru4hbv2xn/...hYy-RNfDma?dl=0
6freak
whats the thing on the back of the targa top..it appears to be a nice car good luck with it smile.gif
bob_emm
The stainless dealy on the roof is an air deflector. It's still for sale . . .
bob_emm
It's still for sale with a lower price. $17.500.
wm711
pm sent
bob_emm
I'm selling this car for an old client of ours at a shop I do work at and ended up selling this car on eBay for $15,500. Everybody's happy with deal. I get the title from the owner so the buyer that lives about 1500 miles away knows he's not buying some pictures and everything is on the up-and-up. Just before I scan it to send it to him I see that it has a salvaged title. Call the buyer and let him know and he wanted to think about it for a bit. Called back and was understandably worried about insurance issues and getting it registered in Illinois and decided to let it pass.
When I called the owner he told me back at some point in time if a car hadn't been registered in a while it acquired a substantially large fine and the way to get out of it was to declare it as salvaged.
The current owner bought it from either the publisher or a writer of Excellence and there was an article about it back in the '90s. (I'm looking for it)
My question is how much is this worth? I know for a fact it has never been in an accident or flood. From working on it I would have never known it had a salvage title.
Cairo94507
Ouch! That is a shame for all parties involved. The value will take a hit for sure - I would guess $3K confused24.gif
bob_emm
Well, the price is now $10,000
iwanta914-6
Can a car with a salvage title get it reinstated with a standard title? Or would it be a restored/salvage title? If I had $10K right now, I'd be interested...
bob_emm
I believe it depends in what state one is in. It's currently registered and insured here in California.
This car is not one of the beater 914s that are typically for sale. If someone is local it would be worth looking at.
daytona
I am looking for project 914 at the moment, but if I were looking for a nice driver this car would certainly be considered. At this point in its life a salvage title would not deter me from buying it. A car can be issued a salvage title for many reasons (accident, flood, vandalism, stolen/recovery, engine fire, etc...). Even if the car had been in an accident or flood, if it was repaired properly I don't see an issue with it.
How many 356s have been resurrected from rust dust and are now selling for big $$. Everyone of those should have a salvage title, and yet....
Someone will get what looks like a very nicely sorted 914.
Good luck with the sale.
Bill.
iwanta914-6
Man, I would love to have this in my garage. 10K is a great deal compared to that I've found out in the marketplace. Alas, I'm not ready to buy.

Anyone ever finance a 914?
Mike1981
Hello

Very Nice car

I'm in the market for one

Is this a 2.0 stock Engine?

It looks as if there was a lot of 911 parts added wondering about the HP of the engine

Were there any mods done to boost HP?

Thanks

MIke
bob_emm
Yes Mike, It's very nice.
It has front and rear sway bars and I know 1.7s didn't have them so I'm pretty sure it's an original 2.0. Not sure of the HP but it has more than a stock California 2.0
911 parts are the front suspension and a couple of the gauges. The front suspension and brakes are the same as what came on a 914/6
Porscheless
i am interested in purchasing this car...pm sent
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Porscheless @ Jul 18 2015, 08:04 PM) *

i am interested in purchasing this car...pm sent

well, sounds like you may not be porscheless for long. I really wish I had the funds available right now, then this could have been mine... Good luck
wm711
Im a buyer. Left you a phone message.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.