Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein rear setting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
75 2.0

Stock rear springs.

Suggested starting cir-clip position for Bilstein's HD?

Nothing special - just a 2.0 - not being tracked, raced, or even driven - except to shows or casual drives on occasion.

thanks,

Len
sbsix
Len, I run my 914-6 with 100 lb rear springs and the Bilsteins at the 3rd groove up from the bottom for a stock ride height.
r_towle
Bottom, ride low
Porschef
I just installed a good used pair over the past weekend. I matched them up with the KYB's that were in there already, and gave me the height I wanted. This turned put to be the second groove. When reinstalled, I saw no difference in the ride height, so I'm gonna assume that worked.

I just cruise for the most part, no AX.
nine9three
I also have the adjustable perch Bilsteins with the 100lb Weltmeister springs. I am one up from the bottom or second position. The car rides really rough. I was thinking that maybe I was bottoming the shocks out but my wheel to fender lip is higher than some so I guess it just rides rough? It looks good though.
Dave_Darling
I suggest starting in the middle. If it's too low, then go halfway from there to the top. If it's too high, go halfway from there to the bottom. Check each time, and go in steps half the size of the previous one.

...I guess that's the software engineer in me, recommending a binary search for spring perch position...

--DD
mepstein
QUOTE(nine9three @ May 7 2015, 05:31 PM) *

I also have the adjustable perch Bilsteins with the 100lb Weltmeister springs. I am one up from the bottom or second position. The car rides really rough. I was thinking that maybe I was bottoming the shocks out but my wheel to fender lip is higher than some so I guess it just rides rough? It looks good though.

Check your tire pressure. The guy who installed mine pumped them up to 36psi. I dropped them down to 28 and I like the ride. 195x65x15
saigon71
Just checked mine...5th groove up from the bottom.

Running stock (possibly factory) springs. Like Joe, I did my best to match the spring tension from the old shocks.

lsintampa
Hey all,

I think I'll try either 2nd or third - go from there. Maybe third position to start and go from there.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.