Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trunk latch plastic ring?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falcor75
I know I saw the plastic ring for the rear trunk latch for sale somewhere but where?
McMark
Doesn't Mark Whitesell make that one?
McMark
Yup, it's right here.
914Sixer
Bruce Stone sells a metal one that is from a Jag that will never break.
Hank914
Related question: where do it get that Spring?

I think what I need is a new spring. My electronic actuator (the PO installed a rear reflector, thus no keyed trunk release button) seems to release correctly, but the spring does not seem spring it open. Also, I have a rear spoiler, which might add more weight to the rear trunk lid. Do I need a heavier spring?

Thx. Sorry for the hijack...
bdstone914
QUOTE(Hank914 @ May 8 2015, 07:18 PM) *

I think what I need is a new spring. My electronic actuator (the PO installed a rear reflector, thus no keyed trunk release button) seems to release correctly, but the spring does not seem spring it open. Also, I have a rear spoiler, which might add more weight to the rear trunk lid. Do I need a heavier spring?

I have not found a source for the spring. The Jaguar hood plungers work bu the springs are much stiffer.
bdstone914
Duplicate post
mepstein
QUOTE(Hank914 @ May 8 2015, 10:18 PM) *

Find a used lock, take the spring, keep the rest as spares or sell the parts to someone else. "Tweet" might have what you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.