Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roof clips in trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
I seem to break those things often enough to realize I am challenged somehow! Any tips, sometimes roof slides in nice other times it's a wrestling match! All helpful suggestions much appreciated.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada confused24.gif confused24.gif
bandjoey
I've seen both softer flexible clips and cheaper stiff plastic ones. Mine r from Pelican and r slightly flexible. About 3 years old and no problem yet.
pilothyer
Always make sure the front latch pieces go into the cups up front when you put the lid into the hard plastic front holders, before you lower the top to the rear holders. I usually undo the front latches and fold the levers back over before I remove the top.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(pilothyer @ May 9 2015, 09:10 AM) *

Always make sure the front latch pieces go into the cups up front when you put the lid into the hard plastic front holders, before you lower the top to the rear holders. I usually undo the front latches and fold the levers back over before I remove the top.

agree.gif Otherwise.... sad.gif
zambezi
this was my solution.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=255071
r_towle
Leave the top in the garage.
GregAmy
They're something like $6 each from Mark at 914Rubber.
GeorgeRud
I also agree that you need to be sure the front attachment clips are properly positioned in the cups and you have to be sure that the front edge of the top is completely seated up front. That way you minimize the stress on the rear holders since they don't have to bend as far to properly clip the rear into position.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.