Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tail Shift Linkage FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
I have for sale the complete tail shifter linkage including shift rods, recent new bushings complete / tranny shift linkage boxy-boot, firewall boot w/ firewall seal (sans the little sprongy available at 914 rubber) and includes in-cabin shift assembly / not including shift knob. 50.00USD If picked up in Laguna Beach, CA, and I will throw in a fully functional tail shift tranny.

this bundle will get you back on the pavement (not on your back) and will convert your 914 to a tail shift setup and instantly make you an outlier rolling freewheel against the established thinking that the side shifter is the way to go... What do those 10's of thousands of sidey's know anyway?......
altitude411
PM sent. Pffft.... side shifters. dry.gif
euro911
I was going to convert our '71 to a side shifter (just missing a set of engine mounting brackets), but now thinking about keeping the tail shifter and getting Chris' tail shift upgrade kit idea.gif
Ben and Ralph
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 9 2015, 04:04 PM) *

I was going to convert our '71 to a side shifter (just missing a set of engine mounting brackets), but now thinking about keeping the tail shifter and getting Chris' tail shift upgrade kit idea.gif

Is this a funny, or is there a real upgrade kit? huh.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ May 9 2015, 10:25 PM) *
It's for real … Click right here smile.gif
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 10 2015, 03:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ May 9 2015, 10:25 PM) *
It's for real … Click right here smile.gif

Hey Mark: Great to see you and your ride at the WCR,

Larmo has a set of newly powdercoated side shifter brackets that previously belonged to me but he bailed them out of our LLPCOICM (local lameass powder coating outfit in Costa Mesa) and is holding them for ransom... you can get them cheap as his actual cost is as thin as the coating thereon....

I think Bruce Stone has a pile of them as well. beerchug.gif

forrestkhaag
full linkage as described still for sale as previous buyer bailed due to fitment issues beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
Revised to exclude plastic firewall boot and gasket, and the boxy-boot plastic thingy at the rear to be offered separately.

the linkage and shifter all have newly installed bushings front to back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.