Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 spindles/calipers-944 hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsboost90
i have a set of 78 spindles and rotors and calipers. I was told that early 944 hubs would fit fine, and they have, up to this point. Tonite i pressed new races into the hubs and installed the new bearings, put them on the spindles and mounted all of it on the car. Now, i have never fit the calipers on there, because i figured that is where there were off of so what problems could i possibly have? WEll, now the caliper is just alittle too far outward and when i tighten the caliper bolts up, the rotor will not turn. Now i could space the caliper 1/16-1/8" and be fine, but is this a common problem, or did my races not go in completely? Im pretty sure they were in as far as they would go, ive done this a few times. dry.gif
xsboost90
anyone, ideas? I know there was a couple of you guys runing 944 hubs, did you have this same problem?
xsboost90
here is a rough sketch of my issue. Its like the caliper was machined crooked or something, but everything appears straight, and it is the same spindle, rotor and caliper that was on my buds 911 factory. The only difference is the hub, and that is identical. I tried installing the caliper on both the rebuilt hub assy. and the non rebuilt assy to see if the races were not correct, but neither fit. If i loosen both the bolts, it sits up and fits perfectly straight, but its like i need a wedge washer to make it correct. Is this how they are factory on a 911, am i missing something?
Mueller
something seems like it's bent, either the spindle or the mounting tabs or ???

how close is the outside diameter to the inside curved surface of the caliper?

xsboost90
i dont think they are bent, neither side will fit right, and they just came off a perfectly working car....everything fits wonderful except the caliper when tightened all the way down is just a hare crooked, both of them. If you loosen the bolt a hare and push them towards the car, they sit fine...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.