Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone identify my short shifter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangerranger01
Can anyone help me identify the short shifter that was installed in my '73 by a PO? I am in search of a new stick and the rennshift ones clearly won't work. I couldn't see any manufacturing marks (maybe if I take it apart?)...Thanks!

IPB Image

IPB Image
euro911
Sorry, can help identify who made the shifter, but you can get nice new seat adjuster handles from 914rubber.com shades.gif
VaccaRabite
Not a Rennshift.
Andyrew
Zach, Pretty sure that is an early rennshift, not the current model but one of the first generation one's..
EdwardBlume
It's an early rennshift. What's the rest of the car look like?
dangerranger01
Anyone know if sticks/handles are still made for the early rennshift, or possible where to buy an alternative aftermarket that'll fit the bolt pattern and have an angle back??

RobW, I hope this car looks familiar to you??? happy11.gif drunk.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
dangerranger01
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 10 2015, 08:36 PM) *

Sorry, can help identify who made the shifter, but you can get nice new seat adjuster handles from 914rubber.com shades.gif

No worries, and yup, already have a pair of the handles from 914rubber, ordered them last week just haven't put them in. I'm sure i'll have a few more orders from him for this car in the future, haha
Andyrew
Why dont uou call up jwest and ask them if they have any old sticks or if they can make you one?
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 10 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Why dont uou call up jwest and ask them if they have any old sticks or if they can make you one?

That looks a lot different than my Rennshifter. I bet you can source a new handle directly from JWest who makes the Rennshifter.
dangerranger01
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 10 2015, 10:00 PM) *

Genius!! I didn't even think about that. I'll give them an email and see what they can do, otherwise I might just have to fab something up...
EdwardBlume
Wow! Missed this thread earlier this year.....

Old grey looks great! I can tell you all about the car - the good the bad and otherwise.

Here it was when I had her:

EdwardBlume
The shifter is an early early Rennshift.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.