Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Both turn indicators on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mistro
Just replaced my old battery with a new Optima 34. Battery tray looked great but, now both turn indicators are on. One side is dimmer than the other but both are on. I seem to remember this might be a bad ground, but is it that or could it be something else? Obviously the turn indicators weren't doing this before the old battery died. Thanks. Michael
MecGen
Hey
Can't believe nobody replied.
Sounds like a ground, to check it, take a set of jumpers, clamp on the grond off the battery, then to chasis and motor, XXXX ALL GROUNDS XXXX don't jump the 12 volts.
Check to see if the lites are off.
Now if I can only figure out why my inside flasher indicators sometime work sometimes not, flasher sometimes just stays on. I am going to try a relay but I can't see the relationship, when the exterior bulbs work (flash) and interior - nothing. Maybe the flasher unit is special multi pins unit.
Good luck with it
WBR
Joe

beerchug.gif
94teener
I believe your flasher relay is defective.

Phil
xsboost90
check to see if the turn signal is on....
Qarl
Do you remember the order that you hooked the batter up. Ground or positive went on first?

I believe there is a right and wrong way to connect a batter.

You could have fried the relay.

914GT
QUOTE (Qarl @ Feb 20 2005, 09:58 AM)
I believe there is a right and wrong way to connect a batter.

There is, but it hasn't anything to do with protecting the electrical system. It doesn't matter as far the the car's electricals go which is hooked up first. But it good to always remove the ground side first and hook it up last, in case you accidently short the wrench from the + side to the chassis.
mistro
Problem was that the battery clamps were not tighten enough. Took care of that but broke the drain tube ear, and chipped a piece of the paint which means, I'm making one of those service bras and which leads me to my next post. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.