Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Rocker Panels? Getty Design or QRS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
Is Getty Design GT rocker panels worth almost twice the cost of QRS Fiberglass?

blink.gif
sean_v8_914
no
ConeDodger
I have the Getty Design GT stuff, all of it actually. While I enjoyed dealing with them, all of the rockers and valences will have to be 'worked' to match the flares. I expect that is a common experience with all of the glass company products. So no. Not worth double...
pete000
Just an FYI, I do not believe ether has the same contours as the factory 914-GT rockers. I only found the AA GT rockers to have the correct contours. I believe they were patterned after a true factory set. The quality on the other hand is....

This might not be important to some but it was for me.

I looked high and low for a true reproduction of the factory GT part with no luck.

I have taken a set of AA GT rockers and did a tremendous amount of hand work to get them to fit properly and I am contemplating having a mold made to make some in high quality made in FG or CF.

You will find no matter what there will be some hand work because the inconsistency from car to car as to how the flairs are finished.
Steve
I have AA steel flairs and they were installed with AIR GT rocker panels. The AIR rocker panels are very poor fitting with a small lip top and bottom. At least from my experience. Otherwise there GT rear valance fits really nice.
914Sixer
GT flared rockers never fit good because no two cars got the factory flares put exactly in the same place. The same thing is still happening today. Not all the body men center the flares on the wheel wells.
Mike Bellis
I have AIR stuff; rockers & flares and they fit very well. I installed the rockers first and the flares to match. I think the flares might be lightly off one side to the other but you can't tell without a measuring tape.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
I think the blue wheels should be on the right side and the red ones on the left. Am I wrong?
Steve
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 11 2015, 05:48 PM) *

I have AIR stuff; rockers & flares and they fit very well. I installed the rockers first and the flares to match. I think the flares might be lightly off one side to the other but you can't tell without a measuring tape.

I am worried if I try rockers from another manufacturer they will not line up with the flairs. Maybe I will just keep an eye out for a used set.
pete000
Looks like the AIR rockers are a good reproduction of the Factory GT set as well.

I had to lengthen mine a bot to get them to line up properly.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 11 2015, 03:59 PM) *

I think the blue wheels should be on the right side and the red ones on the left. Am I wrong?

On Tuesday. blink.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 11 2015, 05:59 PM) *

Maybe it should have been red and green?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.