Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 17mm master cylinder rebuild kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
Found this rebuild kit for 17 mm master cylinder (pretty sure it is 17mm) while looking for something else for the pumpkin(70/4).

Does any one know if all the parts are there? Per the pic.

Thanks

Click to view attachment
Spoke
I wouldn't try to rebuild an old MC for safety reasons. I think you would be best off buying a new MC.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 11 2015, 09:50 AM) *

I wouldn't try to rebuild an old MC for safety reasons. I think you would be best off buying a new MC.

I changed out my master for a 19mm awhile ago so no safety issues.

was just wondering about this kit.

stugray
Not sure I would trust 40+ year old rubber either.
euro911
agree.gif Yeah, that kit looks old. Most places don't even sell rebuild kits any more.

Brakes are the most important system on a car, so I'd agree - get a new M/C.

17mm M/Cs are still out there, but typically a little more expensive that the 19mm. I'd also recommend getting an ATE brand
DBCooper
It looks complete except for the washers and rubber plugs for the fluid inlets. No big deal, I don't think they were in all kits anyway and they're not critical, use the old ones. If the neoprene's still soft there shouldn't be any problem, it's pretty durable, doesn't check like rubber. I'm jealous, last time I needed a kit I looked everywhere and nothing.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.