Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPI in Chula Vista? (Southern California)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
Anybody in the Chula Vista area willing to check out a Karmann Ghia for me?

I'd like to entice someone knowledgeable with Ghias to take a peek at it before I send 2-3 hours to get down there myself.

TIA
effutuo101
Willing to help, but other than knowing I like Ghia's, I have no practical knowledge on where to look for rust.
If you make the trip, let me know and I will see if I can join!
euro911
Hi Chris,

Anyplace really, not a whole lot different than a 914 (or any other car)

Typically in the front trunk, and the engine compartment seal channels. Also in the engine compartment, the left rear (battery area).

Other areas would be - headlight area, rocker panels, door jambs, rear pop-out window area and floor boards.

I'll shoot you a PM with more info

Thanks
montoya 73 2.0
Basically where water can stand and or drip. major places are front & rear end (accident) longs (rocker), rear engine shelf, etc, etc. (just like mark said)

pics are from the samba.

Click to view attachment

This is looking from the inside of the hood, out!
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
Check the bottom of the doors, headlight surrounds and try to see what previous damage there is to the nose. You'll need to look inside the front trunk and remove the spare to see well. + what everyone else has said.
effutuo101
Message recieved. Talk soon
sean_v8_914
ill go with you. ive had several ghias, built 2 show cars in teh 90s. im in la mesa el cajon at 73rd
PThompson509
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ May 12 2015, 11:03 AM) *

ill go with you. ive had several ghias, built 2 show cars in teh 90s. im in la mesa el cajon at 73rd

If Sean is with you, you are in good hands. He can smell rust from 2 car lengths away.

Some say that he eats rust for breakfast, and that his day is not complete without welding new metal into rusty holes... all we know is that he's called ... er, Sean. wink.gif
effutuo101
Hi Sean! I will PM you. If contractors are done I want to leave Lemon grove about 350 pm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.