Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A-Arm bushing recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
john77
My front right suspension has been creaking like hell, so I'm planning to pull the strut this week to check the shock. While I was poking around under the car trying to figure out what was going on I noticed the A-Arm bushings on both sides look tired so I want to replace them while I'm in there (I want to check the torsion bar too, so seems like the perfect time).

My car is 20% street/80% AX and over the next few months I'm planning to upgrade the suspension all round - possibly with coil overs, I need to do a lot more research first, turbo tie rods, etc, etc...

I was looking at Elephant Racing's polybronze bushings, and then, as tends to happen, I started looking at their more expensive sphericals. Then that lead to me looking at Rebel Racings front bushings... and into the rabbit hole I fell.

Anyone with first hand experience have a recommendation?

Thanks
John
Matt Romanowski
I have the Rebel Racing setup. I've had it in for about a year and a half. It seems to work very well and is low friction.
Jetsetsurfshop
i learned to autox with some pretty worn out bushing. All I can say is that when I switched the car to the elephant sphericals I started to drive into the cones. With the old bushings we "drifted" the car. With the sphericals, it was more like a point an shoot.
For what's it's worth, I changed to turbo tie rods too. Can't say I noticed any difference.
john77
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ May 11 2015, 07:05 PM) *

I have the Rebel Racing setup. I've had it in for about a year and a half. It seems to work very well and is low friction.

Thanks Matt.
john77
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ May 12 2015, 05:20 AM) *

i learned to autox with some pretty worn out bushing. All I can say is that when I switched the car to the elephant sphericals I started to drive into the cones. With the old bushings we "drifted" the car. With the sphericals, it was more like a point an shoot.
For what's it's worth, I changed to turbo tie rods too. Can't say I noticed any difference.

Haha, thanks Shane, I'm far too easily seduced by shiny new components. Did the point and shoot improve your times once you got used to it?
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(john77 @ May 12 2015, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ May 12 2015, 05:20 AM) *

Haha, thanks Shane, I'm far too easily seduced by shiny new components. Did the point and shoot improve your times once you got used to it?

I only Autox a few more times after I installed them. The car just felt sharper. More precise. (turned into a track junkie around that time)
Something else, go down that rabbit hole. People say its a bad place and its not. There's a lot of shiny and go fast parts down there! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.