Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 vs 914 Torsion Bars - ID help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ranchman
I have a 914 V8 with 911 hubs and struts in the front end, but I don't know how to identify which torsion bars they are. I read all over the internet that 911s and 914s have different bars as the splines are larger on the 911, but nobody actually tells how many splines; how to actually measure, etc. Please help
mskala
914-6 and 911 torsion bars have 30 splines. I don't have a 914-4 to measure.
Larmo63
914 = 29 splines

911 = 30 splines
bdstone914
Original 911 hadz black torsion bars. 914 were rust colored. Just because you have 911 hubs and struts does not mean the A arms were changed. If you pull a torsion bar adjuster cap look for a VW logo. VW = 914 no logo = 911.
ranchman
Wow! Thanks, guys, you're awesome experts! I've scoured the internet trying to find that answer, and POW... like magic, you guys have it! One spline difference! Huh! I never understood car companies lack of interchangability on parts. Guess that's why I don't run them! I'm off to get 914 bars!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ranchman @ May 12 2015, 08:48 AM) *

Wow! Thanks, guys, you're awesome experts! I've scoured the internet trying to find that answer, and POW... like magic, you guys have it! One spline difference! Huh! I never understood car companies lack of interchangability on parts. Guess that's why I don't run them! I'm off to get 914 bars!

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.