Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts car pick up today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Here is a picture or two of the parts cars we picked up today. What do you think?

skline
Next
skline
Stopped for lunch
skline
Probably thinking, wow, thats a nice score!! Looks good!!
skline
The reason it is a parts car. The bad

skline
Both cars, ready to disassemble and cut up.
JB 914
boldblue.gif i gas tank pulezz TYTYVM sawzall-smiley.gif
dlo914
ooo windshield trim... boldblue.gif
ablose58
got a nice dash top? happy11.gif
spare time toys
Isnt that the one that was in a storage shed in the bad part of town you went to see a couple of months ago?
rick 918-S
more photos please.. wub.gif
aircooledboy
Hell, that maroon one is a $2500 roller here in the great salty midwest monkeydance.gif
GaroldShaffer
If the chrome on the sail panels and the roll bar on the 74 are not all oxidized (sp?) I would be willing to pay you a fair price for it. Mine looks like barf.gif
skline
Well, the 74 looked fixable till we really started getting into it. The impact to the passenger front was right at the door. The inner door jamb was destroyed beyond repair. The rust wasnt really all that bad. The front strut on that side was bent and so was the frame rail. It at one time had been hit in the rear passenger side also. The repair there was done very nice. We didnt find out till we started taking the car all apart. Even then, it was hard to tell. Twistd1 is the person to talk to about parts and prices, things that are already spoken for are the Euro lenses, gas tank, and some small parts like the targa hold down rubbers in the trunk and little stuff like that. I will be posting stuff we take off in the next week or so. The body is being cut up this weekend so there will be some nice body parts also.
TC/914
Can you hook me up with the aluminum trim pieces that fit the rear of the sail plane and across the top/rear of the targa bar? The two uprights and top piece. AND the rubber window gaskets that attach to the front of the sail planes/targa bar and windshield frame where in meets the "vent window? These rubber pieces slide/fit into the aluminum trim/holders that screw in place for and aft of the side windows.

I KNOW that I'm using the wrong words here, just trying to describe where the parts fit, not really what they're called . . .

Anyway, whatever. I need them. could you sell them to me?

Thanks,

TC
skline
Well, we had a few guys taking the car apart last night so I dont know the condition of some of the stuff, I will get all of it together and then inventory it all and anyone who has asked for a certain part will be emailed. The rest will be posted up in the classifieds and then on Ebay after a week or so. Some parts are already spoken for. The front trunk and headlight buckets are already spoken for. They are perfect and 0 rust even in the headlight buckets themselves. That is going to Mark (Engman) as he has been waiting for just such a part. The only hard part now is figuring out how to ship it.
Trekkor
My car hauler is all done, so I'll go get a parts car today myself.

I'm getting it for the spare trans.

KT
Aaron Cox
rear window defroster and harness...

trunk floor sad.gif
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 20 2005, 10:02 AM)
rear window defroster and harness...

trunk floor  :(

Neither car had a rear window defroster. The only one that has that is the 75 parked out in front of my house right now. That will be sold as a complete car. Sorry Aaron. You know, you are more than welcome to come hlep cut these up and take them apart. Then you get to see whats there and try to talk Clayton out of it. sawzall-smiley.gif
Aaron Cox
how sweet, you both have s10's wub.gif laugh.gif
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 20 2005, 10:15 AM)
how sweet, you both have s10's wub.gif laugh.gif

The white S10 belongs to a close friend of mine, he bought it new in 97 and has never had a problem with it, that is why I wanted one. It has a tow hitch and mine doesnt. That same truck and trailer has towed cars from Simi valley, fresno and points in between. It is most likely the one I will use for the WCC.
Mike Kunz
Hey...I'd be interested in the front valence (spoiler pan) on the maroon car if it's good....

Thanks,

Mike
sean_v8_914
rear valance available?front to if Mike doesnt snap it up
Dr Evil
Me want rear bumper. TJ could make them good again for low $$$. I believe in the majicinas south of the boarder monkeydance.gif
riverman
I see Dr. Evil beat me to the punch, but if the rear bumper rubber (top) is available, I'd be interested.
roundboy914
Hey, i would love to buy one of the left rear (driver's side) 1/4 panels.

Rusty
Nice score. Did the fourth Fuch survive the accident?

-Rusty smoke.gif
skline
Have to contact the guy, he said he had 5 total, the car only came with 3, I am sure the one that was on there would be toast after seeing the damage to the front strut and door frame.
DJsRepS
Looks better than my daily driver!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.