Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with engine tin color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
daytona
Hi guys,
I placed this question in another section and did not get many responses.
I need some help determining the correct color of the engine tin. I am taking the engine from my 1974 2.0 to get powder coated. I am not sure if it should be painted, semi-gloss, or satin black, or what? Any and all information is welcome. Also, the tin still has the white numbers and letters on the side that looks like "EA370 and 621". Does this need to be protected or not?
Thanks,
Bill.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(daytona @ May 12 2015, 12:46 PM) *

Hi guys,
I placed this question in another section and did not get many responses.
I need some help determining the correct color of the engine tin. I am taking the engine from my 1974 2.0 to get powder coated. I am not sure if it should be painted, semi-gloss, or satin black, or what? Any and all information is welcome. Also, the tin still has the white numbers and letters on the side that looks like "EA370 and 621". Does this need to be protected or not?
Thanks,
Bill.

First protect the numbers. Or find someplace to create paint stamps for them.
Not sure whether or not you can make the numbers work with a powder coat finish. I'd "real Paint" them myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.