Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Oil Bath Air Filter /Sans Oil.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
I have the oil bath air filter from my 71 1.7 for sale including the plastic intake trumpet, wing-nut hold down screw, top metal filter piece (lid?) and the bottom oil bath tray piece complete. This item is not dented and has no substantial rust but could use a powdercoating if needed for a full and beauteous restoration project. It can be used as-is as well.

I would like to get 40.00USD shipped CONTUS. There is an ebay offering for a grimy rusted similar one offered at 45 / mine is a nicer version of this cost effective filter / that some say is a filthy ill conceived but effective way to coat your engine top with dirty oil.

Sidebar: As an alternative use, I have heard tales of these air filter units being converted into a shop-based hookah with the addition of several 5' lengths of fuel line adorned with brass barbed fittings (mouthpieces) , some clean water, and a dab of Purple Haze placed in the area where the wing nut would normally reside......

I recommend a thorough cleaning of all flammables in this item prior to this conversion of use....

beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I realize I'm telling on my self, but purple haze is not smoked in a hooka and hasn't been around in over 40 years! smoke.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 12 2015, 03:10 PM) *

I realize I'm telling on my self, but purple haze is not smoked in a hooka and hasn't been around in over 40 years! smoke.gif

Plenty of it in Colorado so I am told.......

http://cannacentral.com/strains/purple-haze/
Bob L.
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 12 2015, 02:21 PM) *

Sidebar: As an alternative use, I have heard tales of these air filter units being converted into a shop-based hookah with the addition of several 5' lengths of fuel line adorned with brass barbed fittings (mouthpieces) , some clean water, and a dab of Purple Haze placed in the area where the wing nut would normally reside......

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 12 2015, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 12 2015, 03:10 PM) *

Plenty of it in Colorado so I am told.......

http://cannacentral.com/strains/purple-haze/

I have heard that, but I was thinking of the variety that jimi Hendricks sang of. happy11.gif
forrestkhaag
As a board certified and registered landscape architect in the Great and Fine State of California, I can tell you from personal experience, that Purple Haze is not only growable but is grown on a regular basis in our balmy coastal climates and is supplied to local medical outlets for the good of mankind (maybe)......

The oil bath air cleaner is another story......
Kansas 914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 12 2015, 07:20 PM) *

As a board certified and registered landscape architect in the Great and Fine State of California, I can tell you from personal experience, that Purple Haze is not only growable but is grown on a regular basis in our balmy coastal climates and is supplied to local medical outlets for the good of mankind (maybe)......

The oil bath air cleaner is another story......

lol-2.gif
super9064
If this is still for sale, I'm a buyer.
TheCabinetmaker
The air cleaner, or the purple haze?

Just kidding. I have one if the op doesn't have his anymore. Same price. Only if he doesn't have it though. Don't need to steal sales.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.