Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Coverting WMA to MP3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JB 914
got some .wma files that i wanted to convert to .mp3 files. i'm trying to make my music library consistent and get rid of the dups and multiple locations. I use music match and it doesn't seem to support that type of conversion, any suggestions?
Gustl
as far as I know WinAmp could convert it, but you need to intall a special plug-in

unfortunately I can't tell you more about this sad.gif
skline
What a tease............ laugh.gif
swood
I'm liking dbPower amp lately. Very fast conversions.

Here
JB 914
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Feb 19 2005, 11:56 PM)
as far as I know WinAmp could convert it, but you need to intall a special plug-in

unfortunately I can't tell you more about this sad.gif

that's ok, just send me some parts off that GT you are parting out!! laugh.gif
smooth_eddy
I used to use musicmatch.com back in the Napster days. Been a few years though. Not sure if it is still available.
morph
should be free here.
http://www.mpegx.com/
p914
Try audacity, it's free. There may be a plugin to download also for it but it's free too.
Kerrys914
Side Q smile.gif

My wife and I bought some MP3's online last year ($.88/each). We have since updated our OS to XP and the online license no longer works? It's the same PC.

Is there anyway to make the MP3's work? It's not like I am trying to do something illegal here since I paid for them sad.gif

Cheers
skline
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Feb 20 2005, 08:30 AM)
Side Q smile.gif

My wife and I bought some MP3's online last year ($.88/each). We have since updated our OS to XP and the online license no longer works? It's the same PC.

Is there anyway to make the MP3's work? It's not like I am trying to do something illegal here since I paid for them sad.gif

Cheers

Send me a PM of the songs you are trying to play, there is about an 80% chance I have them with no license crap attached.

jfort
doesn't iTunes do it?
JB 914
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 20 2005, 09:12 AM)
Side Q smile.gif

Cheers

Send me a PM of the songs you are trying to play, there is about an 80% chance I have them with no license crap attached.

OK, i need you to send me:

SRV Live at the el Macambo
Bean's Barton and the Bi-Peds Live
Lonnie Mack Live at Fitzgerald's (Houston)

get started on these and then i'll send you more. poke.gif
skline
QUOTE (joe buckle @ Feb 20 2005, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 20 2005, 09:12 AM)
Side Q smile.gif

Cheers

OK, i need you to send me:

SRV Live at the el Macambo
Bean's Barton and the Bi-Peds Live
Lonnie Mack Live at Fitzgerald's (Houston)

get started on these and then i'll send you more. poke.gif

Arent you supposed to be here helping me with this rack? I need some help with the UPS, it weighs about 180 pounds and I cannot lift it out of the box to put it in the rack. I did get the rack off the pallet and am mounting the accesories in it. Its almost ready for the UPS.
vortrex
QUOTE (swood @ Feb 20 2005, 12:01 AM)
I'm liking dbPower amp lately. Very fast conversions.

Here

I will second that, this is the only app I use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.