Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my work cut out for myself
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
I got a lot of stuff to install on the cars next time I get the weather to cooperate. These are mostly for the whitesoontobeyellow car. A few are for the Chalon however so I will do them in the next few rainy days in the garage. Engman rear trunk release, Engman pedals, JWest rear trunk hinges, E brake cables, steering column and Morphenspectra speaker pods. Still waiting for my rear roller bearing control arms. The other parts, Lenses front and rear euro, fiberglass front bumper, Engman front and rear sway bar brackets, Engman 2 liter muffler bracket, 2 liter HE's, Koni adjustable front and rear shocks, sway bars, new rear deck lid, black interior and much much more. This is all I have to do to get the cars ready for the WCC. 8 weeks to go and both cars will be in primer ready for paint. I am going to be a very busy guy. Plus my day job is getting in the way too. I guess I can sleep when its all over. I have to go to bed now so I can start the day early tomorrow and try to get home to work on cars. I should have done like Joe Sharp and buy one already done.

These cars are an obsession and I got it bad. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
JB 914
i bet you get the tail lenses and speekers done........questionable about all the other stuff w00t.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 19 2005, 11:55 PM)
These cars are an obsession and I got it bad. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

We only have two choices.

You can put stuff on or you can take stuff off. dry.gif
iiibdsiil
I'll help ya out, send some of it to me. biggrin.gif
CptTripps
This could be a great thread...a pic of all the stuff we are GOING to install...

I've got a room in the basement I've been putting things into. My wife went in there to get something last week and asked when I was planning on telling her there was a CAR in the basement...
MecGen
Honest truth
In my basement right now I have one and a half almost complete 914s. One was a running parts car that I chopped to pieces, and put up on an industrial shelves, the other stuff is in the "things to do" pile.
I,ve got a hellava summer planned.
WBR
Joe
xsboost90
yeah i have a motor, seats, wheels, more seats, lights, rubber, carpets, and a bunch of boxes of stuff, i dont even know what all i have....hopefully installed by next month!
CptTripps
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Feb 20 2005, 10:41 AM)
....hopefully installed by next month!

PM Sent....Maybe I can help you with that.
morph
are those rear sway bar tabs?i need some for my 74 gt flared car.
pm where you got them
james
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Feb 20 2005, 08:11 AM)
are those rear sway bar tabs?i need some for my 74 gt flared car.
pm where you got them
james

They look like Engman's tabs Here
skline
Yup, They are from Engman, I think this is the third set of those and the front mounts I got from him. He makes great stuff, outstanding quality too. The pedals, sway bar mounts, 2 liter muffler bracket and rear trunk release are all from Engman. I will take pictures of them installed as I go. So start looking for pictures next week.
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 20 2005, 09:30 AM)
I will take pictures of them installed as I go. So start looking for pictures next week.

lol2.gif You mean "recycled" images of them laying on the trunk of the Chalon? happy11.gif
skline
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 20 2005, 08:41 AM)
I will take pictures of them installed as I go. So start looking for pictures next week.

lol2.gif You mean "recycled" images of them laying on the trunk of the Chalon? happy11.gif

Well I see Ron is up early, probably looking out into a white outside and wishing he didnt live on a mountain. The parts for the Chalon will go on first as it is the one in the garage. I am still waiting for the rear shocks and springs anyway for the white car. I need them before I do the rear sway bar, and exhaust since it will all be done at the same time. Hint hint.
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 20 2005, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 20 2005, 08:41 AM)

Well I see Ron is up early, probably looking out into a white outside and wishing he didnt live on a mountain. The parts for the Chalon will go on first as it is the one in the garage. I am still waiting for the rear shocks and springs anyway for the white car. I need them before I do the rear sway bar, and exhaust since it will all be done at the same time. Hint hint.

Send a friggin' snowcat---It hasn't stopped and is gonna get really bad this afternoon/tonight...expecting 3' - 4' on the ground.

Screw this.............................
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 20 2005, 09:41 AM)

hahaah

i may be able to help ya nout on friday...alot on my plate currently ohmy.gif
JB 914
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Feb 20 2005, 06:59 AM)

I've got a room in the basement I've been putting things into. My wife went in there to get something last week and asked when I was planning on telling her there was a CAR in the basement...

Damn! that's what i need......A BASEMENT! and lock it so the wife can't see all the parts.
MattR
Scott, do you need a pair of hands to help you get stuff done? Send me a PM if you do! Im in irvine now and I have no classes tomorrow.
kenporacer
I lost the battle with the wife. shes cool but she finally said enough & I got rid of a shed full of stuff. I was able to hold on to some brake parts & 2 trannys Im playing with. Never fails though when I need some thing its always what I got rid of.
Lesson here is hide it any place you can.

E
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 19 2005, 11:55 PM)
These cars are an obsession and I got it bad.

doode, someone shaved the front turn signals off your car while you were gone looking for parts !!!

ohmy.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.