Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red 914 sighting today - Oceanside, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
Was driving my '73 today and came around a corner. A red 914 was coming around the same corner from the other direction. Don't think I have ever seen that car around here.

An older gentleman was driving the car. I had my window down and was going to ask a few questions about his car, but he seemed oblivious and drove off.

Anyone know who it is? The car looked to be in excellent condition. I think a '73 or '74.

Pacific Street, Oceanside, CA. 4:00 pm today.

Elliot Cannon
When you mention old and oblivious, I immediately think of SLITS but he doesn't drive a red 914 so... av-943.gif
76-914
sb914? Could have been Eddy but he's only in his 50's, I think. Very shiny w/ nice chrome?
Cuda911
^^^ The car was very shiny. I couldn't see the motor size on the back, but I could see that the size designation was in black plastic letters. I was expecting him to stop, coming across another 914 in the afternoon on a coastal side street, but he vanished in a hurry.

I'd guess the guy driving it was in his 60s or 70s. White hair.
76-914
Not Eddy. Long brownish hair.
sb914
Not me
Larmo63
It could have been Forrest, but he is in his eighties.

Cuda911
Well, the driver could have been in his 80s, for sure. I only saw him briefly.

Who is Forrest? Does he live around here?
Larmo63
It wasn't Forrest, he lives in Laguna Beach and his car is disemboweled of it's power plant at the moment.
Cuda911
So, the mystery continues.
ndfrigi
How about Robert21 Red 73 or 74 and has Revolution wheels from Elliot.
Cuda911
Is Robert21 an old geezer?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 13 2015, 09:09 PM) *

How about Robert21 Red 73 or 74 and has Revolution wheels from Elliot.

I think Robert21 sold his car. I know someone else has the wheels I sold him.
euro911
Mike, you met Forrest at the RT-66 slap.gif

Eddy (sb914) has your old wheels, Elliot.

Cuda911
Ah, yes, the name sounded familiar. Other than Gump, I don't know any other Forrests. Getting senile and geezerish myself, I guess.
colingreene
The Mirrors on your car likely scared the guy off.
sb914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 13 2015, 09:31 PM) *

Is Robert21 an old geezer?

Wasn't Robert 21,he is not a geezer
76-914
Mick Fleetwood? confused24.gif
Cuda911
^^^ Yes, that's pretty much the look he had. Longish scraggly white hair.
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 14 2015, 08:22 AM) *

^^^ Yes, that's pretty much the look he had. Longish scraggly white hair.

Yes: I amy be in my eighties according to Larmo but at least I look twenty years younger......... and yes, my car is on jackstands at the moment but soon to be rolling again with a new powerplant, thru hood tank filler, new clutch cable, new all kinds of little rubber thingys.... etc.

Meanwhile Larmo's mill resides on its lonely four-wheel dolly in his underutilized garage next to his underutilized jack and stands......... Maybe when he get up around my age, things will start to happen at a pace commensurate with an 80 year old.... beerchug.gif

Sidebar: If Larmo posts a sorry picture of a horrible weld on a muffler pipe in retaliation for the salient facts noted above, it is probably photoshopped and a phony to cover up a perfectly welded and ground seam addresses the tailpipe exiting an updated rear valance.... evidence, yet again, of more productivity and creativity..... poke.gif
euro911
laugh.gif
KELTY360
I like where this thread is heading. popcorn[1].gif

stirthepot.gif
76-914
Let me see if I have this right. Larmo publicly states that you are an octogenarian and in retaliation you state that you look 20 years younger than he. How long have you two been feuding? Ya'll looked so close at WCR. stirthepot.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 14 2015, 03:59 PM) *

Let me see if I have this right. Larmo publicly states that you are an octogenarian and in retaliation you state that you look 20 years younger than he. How long have you two been feuding? Ya'll looked so close at WCR. stirthepot.gif

To be fair, I think I recall Larmo saying something like "Forrest is in pretty good shape for an old geezer" or some similar compliment. stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
Robert21
Robert 21 or should I change to Robert 68 .. Sold Elliots wheels to a frend. Still have my car did not sell it. Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 14 2015, 04:54 PM) *

IPB Image
Pffft … that'll buff out laugh.gif
Cuda911
I sure know where to not go when I need the old screw holes welded up when I replace my mirrors.
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 14 2015, 08:14 PM) *

I sure know where to not go when I need the old screw holes welded up when I replace my mirrors.

Yes. If you are looking for a screw hole to fill, Larmo is your man!
76-914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 21 2015, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 14 2015, 08:14 PM) *

Yes. If you are looking for a screw hole to fill, Larmo is your man!

Screw Hole? I thought you said Larmo was a Screw Ball? screwy.gif
mgp4591
Wasn't he the guy that cleaned up at the WCR raffle?? Besides that scammer on the crutches?? confused24.gif
Larmo63
Was that raffle fixed?

Dang, I need to play the lottery in my lucky plaid shirt.
Ian Stott
I was out in mine this morning doing a recce for the upcoming New Brunswick tour, I am oldish with grey hair, proud that I still have hair! I don't think it was me though as my car is kinda Orange looking but my sticker says it is red.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
colingreene
This shit is like missed connections on craigslist.
Cuda911
QUOTE(colingreene @ May 23 2015, 09:50 PM) *

This shit is like missed connections on craigslist.

Is that you who I saw at the Ralphs supermarket yesterday? A quick glance and a shy smile as you were squeezing the Wonder Bread?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.