Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Falken Tires is leaving the Tudor Challenge.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
sad.gif
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/116722-imsa...or-championship

I'm bummed. This was the team I've supported for the past few years.

I'll miss seeing their RSR in the races.
Zach
ThePaintedMan
Damn. Just damn. Guess we'll have to find another livery for ours. I love those guys - by far the most friendly team in the paddock, and given their limited resources, I'd say their run was already a resounding success.

beech4rd
This is sad news. I wonder if it's simply a business decision by Falken, which is odd, given the exposure endurance racing has given them, or perhaps a comment on the quality of the Tudor Championship versus ALMS. I still miss ALMS.

Click to view attachment
URY914
Sebring 2015...

Click to view attachment
carr914
Unfortunately, it was inevitable!

Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
Apparently it was a business decision by Falken. Walker Racing is looking for a new sponsor.

I'll still be pulling for them in June at Watkins Glen.

Zach
hydroliftin
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 14 2015, 05:27 AM) *

Apparently it was a business decision by Falken. Walker Racing is looking for a new sponsor.

Zach

Well, I run Fslken tires on my 914 because of Walker Racing, and a conversation I had with the Falken tire folks at the track. I won't be spending enough on tires to keep them in business, though.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ May 14 2015, 08:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 14 2015, 05:27 AM) *

Zach

Well, I run Fslken tires on my 914 because of Walker Racing, and a conversation I had with the Falken tire folks at the track. I won't be spending enough on tires to keep them in business, though.

I'm planning on getting Falken tires for the same reason. But my 914 is not ready yet.

Zach
type47
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 14 2015, 06:35 AM) *

I'm planning on getting Falken tires ...

Which ones? Link?
t collins
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 13 2015, 06:34 PM) *

Damn. Just damn. Guess we'll have to find another livery for ours. I love those guys - by far the most friendly team in the paddock, and given their limited resources, I'd say their run was already a resounding success.

Here you go George, from the Petit 2012
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
From 2012 in Baltimore:
IPB Image

VaccaRabite
From 2013 in Baltimore.
My elder son (in the black cap) has the signed poster with all the cars from the 2013 season hanging in his room. My younger son (who was only 1 in 2013, and not at the race) has the signed Falken poster hanging in his room. Both are framed.

IPB Image

The Falken drivers were super cool and talked with my boy for a couple minutes. They made him feel special. Only they and the Vette drivers seemed to really want to engage with the fans. This is a huge part of the reason why I follow them.

Zach
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(t collins @ May 14 2015, 12:19 PM) *

Great pics Tom! Thanks for sharing those. I'll have to send that one to my buddy Marc (the Falken guy in the picture.)

All of these pictures bring up another downside of them leaving... no more Falken GIRLS. sad.gif
t collins
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 14 2015, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(t collins @ May 14 2015, 12:19 PM) *

Great pics Tom! Thanks for sharing those. I'll have to send that one to my buddy Marc (the Falken guy in the picture.)

All of these pictures bring up another downside of them leaving... no more Falken GIRLS. sad.gif

Yeah, I feel your pain
rick 918-S
Ya, Must be money problems. They discontinued my tires also and I am really pissed about. The sold off the tread design to another company so I kind of have a matched set of tires until you read the sidewalls. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.