Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spare tire anchor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Just finished replacing the spare tire with an original size so the carpeted piece in the trunk lays flat like it should, however there was no way to an hot the spare. Our quick solution was to weld a nut to the floor pan in the proper spot, it works but is ugly! No one is allowed to look under my car now as I am embarrassed on how it looks but like I said, it works. What is supposed to be under there?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
puffinator
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 16 2015, 10:07 AM) *

Just finished replacing the spare tire with an original size so the carpeted piece in the trunk lays flat like it should, however there was no way to an hot the spare. Our quick solution was to weld a nut to the floor pan in the proper spot, it works but is ugly! No one is allowed to look under my car now as I am embarrassed on how it looks but like I said, it works. What is supposed to be under there?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I had the same question a few days ago. Here is what is supposed to be there. I ordered mine.

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP337H

Rob
Ian Stott
QUOTE(puffinator @ May 16 2015, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 16 2015, 10:07 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I had the same question a few days ago. Here is what is supposed to be there. I ordered mine.

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP337H

Rob

Thanks for posting that Rob, what does it attach to? Do you weld it in place?
Ian
Dave_Darling
Yes, it is welded to the trunk floor.

--DD
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 16 2015, 10:37 AM) *

Yes, it is welded to the trunk floor.

--DD

agree.gif

My '72 was just tacked on one side. Always thought it was odd but appeared to have been that way from the factory.
rnellums
If you are missing the mount in the front just mount the spare tire in the rear trunk!
6freak
yep ..spots for one spare in each trunk
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.