Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel filters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74ravenna
Hello,

I've been advised to put a fuel filter before the pump as well as after.
Easiest way for me right now would be to put one right after the fuel line (Tangerine)
coming out of the rear fire wall then have one in the original location right after the pump.

It seems like an easy location especially since I'm working there. I was thinking of under the fuel tank but future access for filter change-out won't be nearly as easy as
in the rear.

I just wonder if that spot will create any problems.

Thanks
Steve
Dave_Darling
Original filter location is before the pump, not after. But that's mostly a question of the hose routing.

--DD
forrestkhaag
Agreed as to filter before the pump / redundancy created by the second one after the pump seems ok but not really needed - in any case, the fuel pressure to the carbs/FI must be maintained with all of that going on.

Our 4.74/gal gas out here in lovely Southern California is crap so I recommend changing the filter very regularly and use one close to the intake of the fuel pump / make it easy to get to.

#1rule: if you see the fuel truck reloading your local filling station, DO NOT get gas there as all of the crud in their UST is aggitatied and ready to be pumped into your tank....Yikes!

beerchug.gif
74ravenna
I'm staying with one in the original location.

Thanks all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.