Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car rocks!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
5 runs all getting faster. Plus the hi-lite of the day was my son popped his autocross cherry today as well.

So my car had 10 runs. 185 miles to and 185 miles home. Not even a hick-up.

I'll get the times for the 914 cup posted as soon as they are posted for the region.

What have I done since last event? Poly front control arm bushings, Poly trailing arm bushings. bumped the front bar a little stiffer. (not sure that was a good idea)
more camber and caster. (cleaned up the holes a bit rolleyes.gif )

So how much faster? I am now within 2 seconds of the supercharged M3 coupe clap.gif
J P Stein
Atta go, Joe.

It's a gud thing we have no cone-setter-ladies like that one round here. I'd have to stop & watch every time I knocked one down w00t.gif
Colicious
too bad you'll never be able to catch jason blitz tongue.gif

(this is the guy who goes to the same autox and we exchenged emails...i havnt be able to get off work the last 2 events sad.gif )
72914S
Hey joe, driving.gif where was this at ?
Joe Ricard
Yea Jason is one fast dude. I tried to tell him he had to go home but he wasn't buying it. Let's face it if his $60,000 car took second to my 35 year old $5,000 hoopdie. I'd be elated. The fact that I am getting closer to him is good enough for me.
I rode with him once awhile back that car sets my innards to the back of my body cavity and then commences to stir 'em up for 45 seconds. Nice guy we get along and excercise friendly competion banter.

The event was with the CENLA region. 185 miles from Pascagoula/Gautier. Technically Zachary La. Super nice site. Emergency Vehicle Operations Center. Huge brand new skills pad for the state troopers to share with a bunch of knuckle head racers dudes.

JP can I use that excuse for my one DNF ? There was a slalom forming an arc optional direction. Well the 1st choice wasn't the good one dry.gif
xsboost90
this autox year is gonna be interesting for me. Last year i raced my 944/924s and won my class in I2 . Competition was prepped 944's, 968's friendly competition. This year i have a couple other buddies racing and talking smack already, one 911 that is stripped to the bone, a supercharged miata-always ftd- and a few more 944 buddies that want to challenge the 914 even if they arent in my class. I hope she holds together! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
Well just for the record I was the 2nd fastest Porsche there. 1973 911 Carrera rs and a 944. Both whipped decisvely. the 90 911 was real close.

http://www.cenla-scca.org/results/feb2005_fin.htm

Looks like Jason got Disqualified ???? So that puts me in 1st for the class. boldblue.gif

Oh yea the Lola is Raby powered. 2316 fire breathing monster.
watsonrx13
Great job driving Joe.... smilie_pokal.gif Kicking some A$$...
roundboy914
man this sucks.
you guys are autocrossing, and it is dark, cold, and snowing up here (at least it was on sunday).
we have like 10 weeks before our first event sad.gif
Joe Ricard
laugh.gif Snowing and cold blink.gif
I used to live in Milwaukee. screwy.gif Then I joined the Navy and spent like 15 years in San Diego. Couldn't afford to live there forever so I moved to Ms. We race year round nearly every other week.

Got to really plan Mods to fit in a down weekend. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.